Otterbox Defender question - Loose in shell?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Tried the S6 in the Defender last night and noticed the phone moves around inside the hard plastic shell a little. After putting the outer silicone shell it seems a lot better but still worries me.

Just laying the phone in the back shell half (before snapping the halves together) the phone could slide around pretty good.

The Defenders I have for the Note 4 are tight as a drum.

Does you phone fit nice and tight inside of the interior plastic shell or is there some movement?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Tried the S6 in the Defender last night and noticed the phone moves around inside the hard plastic shell a little. After putting the outer silicone shell it seems a lot better but still worries me.

Just laying the phone in the back shell half (before snapping the halves together) the phone could slide around pretty good.

The Defenders I have for the Note 4 are tight as a drum.

Does you phone fit nice and tight inside of the interior plastic shell or is there some movement?

No issue. I noticed that since the silicon outer layer is more dense, I had to work a little around display and make sure the port covers were snug. Call Otterbox and they should ship a replacement for free.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Kidzneedlove

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I have a S7, I have had 2 defender series cases from Verizon which my phone moved all over the place. Just called Outterbox had to pay shipping for my 3rd box (within 1 week) not happy shipping was not waived ~ hoping the 3rd box is a correct fit & my phone will be safe! :-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke