Why won't the Slow Motion play....

f1rich

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung S6 32gb. I have a slow motion video on my phone taken from my phone, transferred the video to my laptop but won't play slow motion only normal speed. I can't figure out why.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung S6 32gb. I have a slow motion video on my phone taken from my phone, transferred the video to my laptop but won't play slow motion only normal speed. I can't figure out why.

That would tick me off. I'm gonna try it out tonight.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Slow motion is just 120fps video, which will look normal speed on a PC or even through a 3rd party video player.

You have to open the Samsung Gallery app and find the slow mo video with the slow mo icon. This will open it in the slow mo player.

In the slow mo player, you can select the slow mo points and the speed, 1/2x to 1/8x, but natively 1/4x (1/8x is a bit stuttery as it's only 15fps). Then choose the Export option to save the file with the slow motion effects. The exported file can be viewed anywhere.

This is different from the S5, which saved the recorded file in slowmo.

f1rich

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Slow motion is just 120fps video, which will look normal speed on a PC or even through a 3rd party video player.

You have to open the Samsung Gallery app and find the slow mo video with the slow mo icon. This will open it in the slow mo player.

In the slow mo player, you can select the slow mo points and the speed, 1/2x to 1/8x, but natively 1/4x (1/8x is a bit stuttery as it's only 15fps). Then choose the Export option to save the file with the slow motion effects. The exported file can be viewed anywhere.

Thanks. Will give the app a go tomorrow and will keep you posted

f1rich

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Slow motion is also upscale 360p. Its really bad quality

I have mirrored the video to my TV and the quality is impressive.
It's a massive improvement from my HTC one m7.
The video runs 720p.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have mirrored the video to my TV and the quality is impressive.
It's a massive improvement from my HTC one m7.
The video runs 720p.

Its upscaled 360 to look like 720.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The output resolution is 720p, but if you look at the video, the quality compared to shooting normal video at 720p is nowhere near as good. The slowmo is much blurrier and has sparkly noise throughout. That's why he's saying it looks like 360p upscaled to 720p.

f1rich

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
The output resolution is 720p, but if you look at the video, the quality compared to shooting normal video at 720p is nowhere near as good. The slowmo is much blurrier and has sparkly noise throughout. That's why he's saying it looks like 360p upscaled to 720p.

Ahh gotcha basically saying ain't happy with 720p!

f1rich

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

Thanks Cobravision for showing me the right way on how to play slow motion videos on laptop!
It did work by exporting the file then transferring the exported file to my laptop then voila!
I would have never worked out how to do this for a long long time!

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Ahh gotcha basically saying ain't happy with 720p!
What he's saying is that it isn't recording 720p, just the output is upscaled. If you watch the video on a TV or monitor, it's very apparent that it was taken at a much lower resolution. You may not see all the jaggies on the phone screen because it's too small.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What he's saying is that it isn't recording 720p, just the output is upscaled. If you watch the video on a TV or monitor, it's very apparent that it was taken at a much lower resolution. You may not see all the jaggies on the phone screen because it's too small.

This. If you look closely the preview looks good but once you press record it switches to a lower res, grainy view that i s 360p. After you are done, it spits out an up converted 360 to 720 file. I hope this is fixed with a software update

Filipe Ferrari

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Help me out here guys, please...Just got this mobile and think it looks awesome. I did notice that the slow motion video is not the same quality as a 720p video, let alone the 720p at 60fps or the higher resolutions...which will produce a better result? shoot a 1080p video at 60p and then use twixtor to make it slow motion? I think the camera on s6 is great but the promise of a pro looking slow motion video is a lie.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo