Where are all of my camera settings on my S6?

ronS6

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Missing camera settings on my S6

When I look a user manuals or advice columns for my S6 I see that I am missing many camera function/settings. I have only a flash, mode, alternate front or back, camera, video buttons. Is this something I can change?

ronS6

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Missing camera settings on my S6

Thank you for your almost immediate response. My camera settings are "bare-bones" at best. I take it from what you are stating that the camera settings that I have seen on the S6 reviews are post- sale apps that I must install myself. I am somewhat surprised at this.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for your almost immediate response. My camera settings are "bare-bones" at best. I take it from what you are stating that the camera settings that I have seen on the S6 reviews are post- sale apps that I must install myself. I am somewhat surprised at this.

Many of the features that are available for the S6 camera have to be downloaded manually. I think the idea was for Samsung to not bog down the camera features for some users that wouldn't care to have those options.

To find and install those additional features, start the camera app, select "Mode" at the bottom left of the screen, and select the option for "Download" - you'll see options such as "Sound & shot" and "Animated GIF" to name a few. (Btw, you'll see different options available depending on if you're using the rear or front-facing camera.)

I assume these are the additional options you noticed in the manual/advice columns?

ronS6

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Thank you Daspoo for your response. Unfortunately what you have suggested appears impossible on my camera.
When I tap Mode all I get is a new screen showing only Auto and Panorama buttons and in the upper right corner an Info which when tapped gives me a description of the the Auto and Panorama . On the screen showing mode I have only 4 buttons- mode, a button that alternates front and back cameras, a camera button and the video button. In the top right of the screen is a flash button which has 3 settings-auto, on , and off.
I don't see most of the settings discussed in the user manual.

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

Are you using your phone in Easy Mode? If so, that severely limits what settings and features are available to you, including camera settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

Philip Manwaring

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Also, are you sure you're not using a different app like Google Camera vs. the stock Samsung app? Even without downloading other options, the stock app has a lot of flexibility.

ZeXpUS

May 6, 2015
Visit site

There is more apps for camera that you can use to fix your probleme, there is a lot of function to see.. and you can change your room too.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

What do you see when you click the "Mode" button (even though it doesn't look like a button)? i see about 8 options.
Auto, Pro, Selective Focus, Panorama, Slow Motion, Fast Motion, Virtual Shot, and Download.

These should be your bare bone options.

ronS6

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Thank you all for your responses to my posting. I appreciate that you wished to get involved in assisting me.
When I tapped the Mode icon I just got 2 options-- either Panorama or Auto. Hence all the fixes you suggested were not options for me.
What I did do is go to Samsung support which was quite an experience! First I tried to do this entirely online. After entering info such as my name, etc I came to an area where I had to put in the serial # which is located behind the battery-which is not possible with this phone. I opted for telephoning in.... This was supposed to be a 24 hour service but turned out not to be so. However after speaking to a couple of people ( and being put on hold 4 times) I got to someone who asked me to download Smart Tutor and then he was able to take control over my phone. It took him about 20 minutes but now I have all the features mentioned in the Instruction Manual. Yeah!!!

Cumbrian Steve

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Getting additional camera features sounds dead easy.

However when in Standard Mode and having pressed the Camera Mode button the Download button remains elusive.

So, what can I do to get hold of it?

Thanks.

emzebaby

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem and I found that I had to change the phone out of easy mode in the settings > quick settings to Standard mode

Then when I opened the camera app and clicked mode the full list of modes including the download option became available.

Phew!!