Samsung pay app? Any news about it?

teerexx87

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone heard any news about the 'Samsung pay' app? The one that's supposly better than 'Apple Pay'. All I heard was it's rolling in the summer but when exactly. When I first heard about it I was intrigued and excited about the news. That S6 & S6 edge users has the ability to pay just through our phone on most magnetic strip payment. Which I don't think Apple's 6 & 6+ can do that, yet.

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Samsung said it will be officially released during the 2nd half of this year, so we will hear more about it for sure in the summer months

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung said it will be officially released during the 2nd half of this year, so we will hear more about it for sure in the summer months

Summer is in the second half of the year. Fingers crossed.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Having MST will make it more practical as there are a lot of merchants who still have this older technology. It doesn't hurt to have tap and go.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I dislike Google wallet took away the ability to add credit card.

Not sure what you mean here. I have two debit cards and my AMEX added to google wallet. I also have the GW physical card to swipe at stores like target and home depot where I will not use my other cards. Adding money to the GW card balance takes seconds. My wife and I both have one. I can even reload the card from my iPhone which has the Google wallet app.
I got it because I have used GW for years and she got one because her debit card number was used at Academy Sports and I was notified after the first debit (I have email notification) and by the time I could talk to a live person at Chase there were 5 transactions. Of course they covered them all but with Google wallet card they can only use what you have on it and you can freeze or cancel it instantly from your phone app and of course you get noticed with each transaction.

I will be interested to see what Samsung pay brings once it launches.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean here. I have two debit cards and my AMEX added to google wallet. I also have the GW physical card to swipe at stores like target and home depot where I will not use my other cards. Adding money to the GW card balance takes seconds. My wife and I both have one. I can even reload the card from my iPhone which has the Google wallet app.
I got it because I have used GW for years and she got one because her debit card number was used at Academy Sports and I was notified after the first debit (I have email notification) and by the time I could talk to a live person at Chase there were 5 transactions. Of course they covered them all but with Google wallet card they can only use what you have on it and you can freeze or cancel it instantly from your phone app and of course you get noticed with each transaction.

I will be interested to see what Samsung pay brings once it launches.

You should not have to worry about whether the merchant has tap n go or the magnetic swipe terminal with Samsung Pay.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34