Battery drain overnight

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
19% drop and I can't really figure why. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 1430993811684.jpg
    1430993811684.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 1430993820505.jpg
    1430993820505.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 234
  • 1430993827644.jpg
    1430993827644.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 1430993836624.jpg
    1430993836624.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 266

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
yeah but I have followed all of the reccomendations, shut down, uninstalled or disabled all that I could.

Only thing that i dont shut down is location as I dont like to have to toggle it back on when I need it. When I first got phone it was draining 8% or so overnight. It has more than doubled

Philip Manwaring

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I see a similar pattern of %'s used by Android System and Kernel using the same battery monitor app as you. Not sure if those levels are normal. I do find standby drain is a negative for the S6, although it does dependably get me all the way through a day so I'm not concerned about it. I'm assuming Android updates will improve the standby performance.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
19% is kind of massive. I slept for roughly 7 hours and lost 1% per hour which is kind-of decent I'd say. I turned off all my syncing besides email, that could definitely impact it.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine is around 5 to 6%, but this was just a curiosity test as I generally have it plugged in overnite since I use a white noise/night clock app. So never an issue for me.

bER1Nry

May 7, 2015
Visit site
This might help you out a bit, but considering the screen is a super amoled one it takes less power to produce dark pixels. Try changing your background to a dark image and see if that helps a little bit. Once 5.1.1 is released it will be addressing battery issues most likely.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
This might help you out a bit, but considering the screen is a super amoled one it takes less power to produce dark pixels. Try changing your background to a dark image and see if that helps a little bit. Once 5.1.1 is released it will be addressing battery issues most likely.

the screen was off for nearly 8 hours so that is not the issue

and yes I have all Sync turned off.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
yeah but I have followed all of the reccomendations, shut down, uninstalled or disabled all that I could.

Only thing that i dont shut down is location as I dont like to have to toggle it back on when I need it. When I first got phone it was draining 8% or so overnight. It has more than doubled

Having Location on all of the time is definitely part of your problem. I decided to turn my Location off since I only need it a few times a month and Google really needs to make it drain less battery some how. If you must have it on constantly for certain apps or Android Device Manager, can you set it to Wifi and Mobile mode? That could help you out when on stand-by it won't search constantly.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't think its google location services causing this drain unless you have no city specified and GPS on and its searching all night

Toggle major synch off from the pull down menu then you know its something else you have not set to manual with google or on-charge/wifi only set

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I was refereeing to city specified for the weather/clock widget, you have to select app google settings to set gps off and select other options

Chan Weng Kin

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Encountering the same issue on my S6 edge.
I have my location & weather turned off and still, it drains 28% (100% drops to 72%) in 7hrs 33mins overnight usage/standby.
the default Battery Usage shows the following:-
Facebook 7%
GPSD 7% (why is this appearing even if location is off)
Google play service 4%
Android OS 4%
Google App 2%
remaining are 1% on screen & cell standby.
Appreciate if anyone could guide me through or refer me to any links that I might have overlooked.
I've being trying different setting from turning off the GPS, edge screen night clock every night & i noticed only a 3% overnight last saturday. I thought it was resolved, but today,it starts acting up again without changes on my setting.
My apps remains as usual
Shall I restart my phone & continue monitoring?
Is this an issue that I've to wait until a new fixes is released?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Encountering the same issue on my S6 edge.
I have my location & weather turned off and still, it drains 28% (100% drops to 72%) in 7hrs 33mins overnight usage/standby.
the default Battery Usage shows the following:-
Facebook 7%
GPSD 7% (why is this appearing even if location is off)
Google play service 4%
Android OS 4%
Google App 2%
remaining are 1% on screen & cell standby.
Appreciate if anyone could guide me through or refer me to any links that I might have overlooked.
I've being trying different setting from turning off the GPS, edge screen night clock every night & i noticed only a 3% overnight last saturday. I thought it was resolved, but today,it starts acting up again without changes on my setting.
My apps remains as usual
Shall I restart my phone & continue monitoring?
Is this an issue that I've to wait until a new fixes is released?

If you have tried the different suggestions on the threads here, so a wipe cache Partition in recovery mode and then change your phone to 100% and see what happens after that.

timdsmith72

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I use to have the same issue only worse. Mine would drain 30 to 50% overnight. Installed Greenify any hibernated a few apps. Now it drains around 6% overnight. Haven't yet narrowed it down which app it was.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Folks,

All I can say is that I've had my Galaxy S6 for about a week now, and I absolutely AM NOT getting this kind of battery drain, by any means. I've had all of my usual apps and settings installed since the first day, so it's not like I just haven't gotten anything installed. In previous devices, I have seen things like location services get a bit too active, but I haven't shut that down at all with my new S6. I have, though, set it for "low precision," and not using GPS.

In the end, it just seems that there has got to be something that's causing people to get such awful battery life -- certainly, not everyone is having the same kind of battery drain. I do hope we can help figure out what's up with those phones that are having the problem.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Try leaving the phone on charge overnight. You're asleep and not using it so charge it up and you'll have 100% battery in the morning.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Battery drain while screen is off, is because the phone wont goes into deep sleep mode and causing hugh drain. Install CpuSpy, reset the timers first and see if the phone goes into deep sleep while having the screen off fore 1 min. If deep sleep isnt working, than boot into recovery mode and wipe cache there. Open cpuspy and check again.

Last edited:

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I would usually lose 8-10% overnight, but now I just keep my phone in airplane mode and it only drains 1%.

Posted via the Android Central App