what are the first things you did when your S6 or S6 Edge arrived and why?

enduro

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
My Edge 128GB will be there waiting when I get home tomorrow and of course I'll be keen to get started exploring it when I get the SIM running.

What are the first things you did with your S6 and why?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Apart from the basic stuff like download all my apps, check for updates etc.. I played about with the camera. I double tapped that home screen and watched the camera load in 0.7 seconds! The camera is amazing, it makes me want to take pictures. Enjoy it when it arrives :)

Also just a side note, the camera lens and flash come with plastic covering on them, I didn't notice until a few days into the phone that I still had some plastic left on it - it doesn't interfere with the lens or anything like that

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Besides what Kevin said, download Nova, set up lock screen and finger print, setup email accounts and bought a case.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
#1"What are the first things you did with your S6?" I pressed the power button and turned it on.
#2 "Why?" Because otherwise it's just a small paperweight.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
My Edge 128GB will be there waiting when I get home tomorrow and of course I'll be keen to get started exploring it when I get the SIM running.

FDR, Nova and it runs smooth as butter.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Flashed through the device setup.

Downloaded only the apps I wanted.

Configured homescreens arrangement and grid configuration.

Added widgets.

Configured SwiftKey.

Went through the settings a second time.

Bonded BT with my vehicle.

Logged back into certain apps.

Connected the rapid charger

Tried the wireless charger.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
You should do this in the store or as soon as you open the delivery package.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

True, my S6 was delivered. After I've checked for any physical issues I charge it to 100% before setting it up.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Shut the phone down, and do a factory system reset. It seems that most are recommending a reset at some point, so I would do it first thing before you install any apps, etc.

I also prefer not to install from a backup, but rather download my apps one by one from the play store. Contacts, email, etc are automatically synced from google.