On the Galaxy S6-mine is alway searching for GPS, why?

A

AC Question

On the Galaxy S6-mine is alway searching for GPS

The notification is always coming up. I have a Jawbone Up24 that uses GPS and I'm not sure what else would. Does anyone else have this issue? It's always searching for GPS. Can anyone help as to how to not see the notification or how to stop it from doing this? Thanks so much!

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: On the Galaxy S6-mine is alway searching for GPS

Go to your location/gps settings. Select the middle of the 3 options

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

The notification is always coming up. I have a Jawbone Up24 that uses GPS and I'm not sure what else would. Does anyone else have this issue? It's always searching for GPS. Can anyone help as to how to not see the notification or how to stop it from doing this? Thanks so much!

Maybe it's lonely? :)

Posted via the Android Central App

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't mind that it is searching all the time. All phones do that. I just don't need the notification. Is there a way to turn that off.

Posted via Galaxy S6

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind that it is searching all the time. All phones do that. I just don't need the notification. Is there a way to turn that off.

Posted via Galaxy S6

Naw. In order to not get the notification, you have to turn it off or turn off notifications altogether. It's a lollipop thing. It's almost as if google hired 3rd graders to code it.

You could try to go into sounds And notifications, app notifications, scroll to maps and turn off notifications.

Posted via the Android Central App

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I think changing Location Method to Power Saving stops the notification. But I'd like to have High Accuracy Location on without ever seeing that notification. Doesn't seem possible yet.