Where is the S6 auto rotate setting?

Edward Campton

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
After all the advice below I couldn't find the auto rotate button on the drag down shade. However after resisting a system reset I spotted "Portrait" on the drop down shade. I must have accidentally clicked the auto rotate button recently. Clicking this brought the auto rotate back. My opinion is that this should really be called auto rotate with on or off to stop confusion.

Kimmie99

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
After all the advice below I couldn't find the auto rotate button on the drag down shade. However after resisting a system reset I spotted "Portrait" on the drop down shade. I must have accidentally clicked the auto rotate button recently. Clicking this brought the auto rotate back. My opinion is that this should really be called auto rotate with on or off to stop confusion.

I've searched all over and finally found you pull down the shade, if you see a "portrait" icon, tap on that and it turns off the lock, thus allowing auto-rotate to work.

Mike V2

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
It took me a while to figure it out. When you pull down the Shades menu, look for "Portrait" it will have a little lock symbol in the corner.

good luck

Badesh

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Slide down the screen from top toward bottom. Among wifi, location icon, you will see a "portrait" sign. Touch this sign and become to auto rotate mode.

mbrownsr01

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
I found on my s6 the problem is that the icon under the pull down shade is labeled portrait. It is the fourth icon in the top row. Press the portrait icon and it will change the icon to auto rotate and activate auto rotate.