How do I set custom ringtones per contact?

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
how to set custom ringtone per contact?

Switching to the S6 (Edge, actually) from a MotoX. Never owned a Samsung before, so still getting used to TouchWiz, etc.

Just looking for a way to set a custom ringtone per contact? I assume it will find my ringtones that I put in /sdcard/ringtones, but I can't find a way to assign them to my contacts.

Sounds simple, right?

Thanks for any tips!

-AJ

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: how to set custom ringtone per contact on the S6?

Switching to the S6 (Edge, actually) from a MotoX. Never owned a Samsung before, so still getting used to TouchWiz, etc.

Just looking for a way to set a custom ringtone per contact? I assume it will find my ringtones that I put in /sdcard/ringtones, but I can't find a way to assign them to my contacts.

Sounds simple, right?

Thanks for any tips!

-AJ
Open the contact/people application and open the contact you want to edit. There should be an option to assign a ringtone within the edit settings.

Let us know if that helps.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

While you're there, you can also assign a phonetic name to make it easier for voice search.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

Interesting. Looks like my Google account sync'ed my contacts down "from the cloud", and my Touchdown HD (Exchange) account sync'ed others (there is certainly an overlap). For some of my contacts, I have two "tabs" - with virtually identical info. Seems the "Google" contact tab is editable, and I can choose a ringtone. The Touchdown tab is read-only. I will see if there's any settings in Touchdown for how they sync contacts.

Thanks,
AJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome