How can I get Google Maps to recognize my contacts?

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
google maps won't recognize my contacts

I have the Samsung galaxy s6 and my google maps isn't picking up on my contacts. I used to have an iPhone and when I typed a contact's name their address would come up. How do I get this to work on the galaxy?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: google maps won't recognize my contacts

I have the Samsung galaxy s6 and my google maps isn't picking up on my contacts. I used to have an iPhone and when I typed a contact's name their address would come up. How do I get this to work on the galaxy?
Make sure the contact has the address saved within the contacts or people application and you have enabled sync: system settings - accounts - Google - contacts. When you type the persons name into the search box of Google maps their name, along with the address, should pop up in the suggestion box.

Let us know if that works, or if you have further qiestions.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Didn't work :/ it's been on the whole time

Posted via the Android Central App
Go into system settings > applications > sort by all > maps > clear cache. See if that helps.

I've checked on my Nexus 5 and searching a contact will produce that person's name and address information to select. I would also suggest going into the contacts application and make sure the addressed is saved as:
*street address*
*City, state, zip*

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Gotta be something simple. Mine works. I type in the name of a contact and their address comes up

Weak Sauce

May 12, 2015
Visit site

Weird. Ive actually never used this feature (most of my contacts dont have addresses plugged in), but just tried it and the address popped up immediately when I typed the first few letters of the contacts name... maybe it has to do with where the contact is stored (i.e. on the phone/sim versus Google)? All my contacts are stored on Google so its easy to switch to a new phone. Maybe if you have them stored on the phone, Google maps wont pick them up?

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site

I contacted both verizon and Samsung about this and they both told me that Google maps doesn't do that. When I told them that other people have been able to use it they acted like I was making the whole thing up !

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer