New Themes are Up

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
FYI More themes are up.
I really like the new "Low Poly" theme. The only thing I don't like about it is the clock font for the lock screen, but I like the look of the notification shade a lot. I've changed the wallpaper (and icons with Nova) to something different, but they still have the bright colours to bring it all to life. I'll try to post screenshots of my setup when I get a chance.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I kinda like the Stud_Silver one. Icons are ok, I don't mind the way the icons look, but at least we have one that uses a black background. At least it is a step in the right direction of using plain color instead of the gaudy loud images that some themes have been.

I also like the High Tech one. It seems to be decent for me.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, I had the cork one for about 3 days. Since I didn't know what the Chinese (Korean?) characters meant, and my notifications were right over the top of it, it was kind of a mess. The next round (I have the Cubism one) is a little better. Actually there were two that I liked. And no, the cutesy cartoon/Anime/whatever they are/ doesn't really work for me. I'm still sad I can't get that baseball one on VZW. I loved that one.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Why not? I would think you could get any themes in the store no matter what carrier ur on

Well I am on Verizon and I had gotten the Baseball one by doing a more on the Night Bridge one and I found the baseball one.

But I recently had to do a FDR and now when I go to Night Bridge and click on more, the baseball one doesn't show up anymore.

But I went to Theme store Click on theme store and click on purchased, saw there was a update to cork board, and when I clicked all, then scrolled down I found it there, so now I have it back again, but for those that never downloaded it before, they may not get it in that list, so not sure how anyone else can get it.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
As far as the themes go, the ONLY things I care about are A) how the menu colors are changed, and B) how the "backgrounds" embedded into the phone dialer and contacts list are done, and C) the system font that's used and is translated over to any of the stock widgets.

Wallpapers do not matter to me ... I can always set whatever wallpaper I want regardless of theme.

Icons do not matter to me ... I make all my own icons. Quite frankly, the whole app icon thing on Android really does bother me. Not that I like the square, rounded corner "blocks" that iOS mandates ... but at least they are all the same. Android app icons are so damn disjointed in appearance that it makes the phone look goofy. That's why I make all my own icons ... so that they will all follow the same design (whatever design I choose), and will also go with the look of how I have the phone set up.

Long story short - I'd LOVE to see a theme that didn't change your wallpaper, or icons, or anything other than the menu colors to a nice monochrome and/or "dark" set of colors ... and do it w/out messing with the "material design" scheme that's already there. I know I keep saying it, but I REALLY need to actually do it ... and that is, get a portfolio of stuff together to submit to Samsung and see if they will let me on the Theme Dev Team ... if I DO get that done, I can PROMISE all of you that I will make at least a couple of themes like that ... and may very well start a thread to get some ideas and try to consolidate a few themes that we all agree are worth doing, and then get them up on the theme store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith