New Themes are Up

ADRHD JAVIER

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I just wish u can customize overall . not like this .. What if u want to change the icons cause u don't like the theme . but I like the touchwiz now better .

Posted via the Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I just wish u can customize overall . not like this .. What if u want to change the icons cause u don't like the theme . but I like the touchwiz now better .

Yeah that's my gripe too. Why not just let us customise the theme we want rather than having to go with a preset theming option?

Would be a lot better if we could just use one as a template and we're given free reign to chop and change as we wish. Or if we could build one from scratch.

Sent from my SM-G920I

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Is there a limit to the number of themes installed?

I'm not sure how many I have, but I downloaded some of the new ones last night.

This morning I tried applying I have a dream. It looked neat. Then I went into themes to try the one that looks like a corkboard and only part of the phone was themed, and a bunch disappeared.

I cleared cache and tried to apply one of the earlier themes and again, there are parts that didn't get changed that used to get changed.

The only thing different is Nova Prime got updated to 4.0. But I switched to Touchwiz before trying the new themes. At least I think I did. I just tried another theme and the nova desktop showed up until I hit home button, then TW popped back up. Although before Nova updated to 4.0, I had successfully applied a theme when I was using Nova. I may have been in Nova under the 4.0 when I tried a theme this morning.

Did the update to Nova Prime 4 possible be interfering with the themes? Looks like I may have to do a data factory reset. Guess I'll leave themes alone. I like Nova launcher alot.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

This morning I tried applying I have a dream. It looked neat. Then I went into themes to try the one that looks like a corkboard and only part of the phone was themed, and a bunch disappeared.

I cleared cache and tried to apply one of the earlier themes and again, there are parts that didn't get changed that used to get changed.

The only thing different is Nova Prime got updated to 4.0. But I switched to Touchwiz before trying the new themes. At least I think I did. I just tried another theme and the nova desktop showed up until I hit home button, then TW popped back up. Although before Nova updated to 4.0, I had successfully applied a theme when I was using Nova. I may have been in Nova under the 4.0 when I tried a theme this morning.

Did the update to Nova Prime 4 possible be interfering with the themes? Looks like I may have to do a data factory reset. Guess I'll leave themes alone. I like Nova launcher alot.

Until we get a better theme selection, we will never know if there is a limit to how many you can have stored on a device.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Until we get a better theme selection, we will never know if there is a limit to how many you can have stored on a device.

True, but I'm thinking that the update to Nova 4.0 might be part of it. Even the themes I downloaded and installed month ago is giving me strange things, in the lock screen the clock uses some of the previous themes for the numbers instead of the current theme. Something is strange.

I'm thinking of doing a factory data reset, then picking one theme, then reinstall Nova Prime and not switching themes.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

True, but I'm thinking that the update to Nova 4.0 might be part of it. Even the themes I downloaded and installed month ago is giving me strange things, in the lock screen the clock uses some of the previous themes for the numbers instead of the current theme. Something is strange.

I'm thinking of doing a factory data reset, then picking one theme, then reinstall Nova Prime and not switching themes.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

Good idea with the FDR.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Amazing that a month and a half in, there is still not one solid, professional, business theme. Just give us one! Plenty of kids and whimsical themes, though.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a dream is the best one, downloaded and using now...too bad Gladiator doesnt have colored icons it actually looks cool.

Update: Ugh reverted back, why are all the non-OS apps always bordered by a general standard color?!...dislike, uninstalled.

Last edited:

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the BMW theme (with some changes through Nova), it's the most professional one, IMHO.
However, I changed the wallpaper. Without the wallpaper, it actually looks like a generic theme in most other aspects. There is a faint wallpaper in Samsung apps, but it's barely noticeable, looks like a white background with some light pattern (that happens to be a car, if you look closely, haha).

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

These are the themes I have so far... Doesn't seem like there is a limit

uploadfromtaptalk1431615353726.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

mrZoSo

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Amazing that a month and a half in, there is still not one solid, professional, business theme. Just give us one! Plenty of kids and whimsical themes, though.

Agreed. But they only let developers in at the end of every month. If you apply by the 15th of the month you'll find out at the end of the month if they let you in. And if you apply after the 15th, you have to wait until the following month. I applied the beginning of this month and have to wait. So adding theme devs is a slow process,,,They need to streamline this.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The Ironman theme was OK, in my opinion. Only issue to me was the status bar at the top was difficult to read due to the background image. I actually like the "Desert" theme. Decent colors, normal icons that are easy to decipher and generally pretty easy to read anything anywhere.