System Update Failing

aznicktwit

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
2015-05-16.jpg

We are on Sprint, I was able to update my phone but my SO keeps getting that message. I've tried the obvious reboot type stuff, any suggestions?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
When you have the error on screen press home to exit and open Settings-Application Manager-Running one of the app running is the one that is giving you the message, look for something related to system updates or similar, click on it and do a force stop, if it keeps doing the same, then instead of going to Running Apps use the All tab and look for the app and click on it and click on Clear Cache and if it still there click on Clear Data also, it should stop the service and not show you the message anymore.

Let us know if it works.

aznicktwit

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
When you have the error on screen press home to exit and open Settings-Application Manager-Running one of the app running is the one that is giving you the message, look for something related to system updates or similar, click on it and do a force stop, if it keeps doing the same, then instead of going to Running Apps use the All tab and look for the app and click on it and click on Clear Cache and if it still there click on Clear Data also, it should stop the service and not show you the message anymore.

Let us know if it works.

Tried all of this to no avail. I didn't see anything about updates in running but I did in all and cleared them.

jeffmurph004

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here, sprint store changed my preferred networks from auto to LTE/CDMA only, and abracadabra! Jk, nothing happened. They told me the update is here, but I can't get around the error. This is really making me miss att.

Posted via the Android Central App

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the computer version of Samsung Smart Switch? It replaced Kies for the S6 and you can still download software updates to your phone with it.

aznicktwit

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here, sprint store changed my preferred networks from auto to LTE/CDMA only, and abracadabra! Jk, nothing happened. They told me the update is here, but I can't get around the error. This is really making me miss att.

They did the same thing to both of our phones, said that Auto means our phones will try to connect to any tower and switching it makes it only connect to Sprint towers. Problem is the Sprint Rep did it to both of our phones however I was able to download the update and she isn't.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
They did the same thing to both of our phones, said that Auto means our phones will try to connect to any tower and switching it makes it only connect to Sprint towers. Problem is the Sprint Rep did it to both of our phones however I was able to download the update and she isn't.

Turn off the phone and wait 30 seconds or so. Then turn on and try to download the update.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Data or wifi....either or. But i prefer the hand crank method. Nothing like sweat equity to get something working!

If the OP has tried ALL of the above, don't see much choice but to go back to Sprint for a new device which is kind of surprising that they didn't offer it but not unexpected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12