New Galaxy S6 getting rocked by Cell Standby and others. Have tried everything.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't remember a phone that was so inconsistent from user to user,
it's ridiculous imo that so many things should have to be tweaked/disabled for people to get it to function properly

I think that's a bit harsh, considering that there are millions of users of this device out there that seem happy and have this device configured six ways to Sunday to suit how they use it. It should be understood that this or any other device will behave differently user to user.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on AT&T, but I haven't gotten any updates. When was it pushed to your phone?

I get to get it manually. If at first you don't succeed, check again at a later date. Change the date on your phone if you have to

kioko91

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My cell standby is similar on Verizon, but only when I'm home and on wifi, which has never been the case previously. It's definitely a bug, but verizon had yet to push any updates out and I've had my device for 3 weeks now.

DrDaveRH

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and am having the same problem. This is immensly frustrating. My phone constantly runs out of power in 10 hours if I don't charge up during the day. I've returned it once but the new unit is just as bad.

Screenshot_2015-07-08-20-52-30.png

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and am having the same problem. This is immensly frustrating. My phone constantly runs out of power in 10 hours if I don't charge up during the day. I've returned it once but the new unit is just as bad.

View attachment 185702

I have come to the conclusion that it is not the actual device but lollipop.

I have a Nexus 6, this s6, and had a g4 for the two weeks. It's the same for all!

I will say since 5.1.1 on my s6 I have noticed cell standby is way less. I'm not charging it before the nd of the day anymore.... Unless I'm watching a video or something else intensive.

I also read somewhere that those testing android M are seeing dramatic increases in battery life. So M should be the answer...

Posted via the Android Central App

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked, non-carrier branded, international S6E (925F) that I'm using on AT&T (no AT&T mod'd firmware and/or bloatware of course) and I'm getting great battery life from it.
Here are screen shots of today usage so far. I'm going to easily get 5 hours of SoT with around 23 hours of battery time when I'm finished using it in a while and charge it.
It's running 5.1.1, so it's not "Lollipop" that's causing the problem(s).
:)
Fred
Screenshot_2015-07-09-20-27-11.jpg
Screenshot_2015-07-09-20-27-33.jpg
Screenshot_2015-07-09-20-27-40.jpg

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Galaxy S6 here. My battery has gotten worse over the past month or so. Can barely break 2 hours screen time.

Also, I notice when my Wifi is on, my 4G stays on, too. (Both symbols appear with the arrows lighting up)

Attachments

• 3191.jpg
    3191.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 3190.jpg
    3190.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 35

8taylor8

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Verizon s6 going on 19 hours at 37% an over 2 hours on screen time. Is this considered good battery life?

Posted via the GS6

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Turn off WiFi and your cell standby problems will disappear. You gotta make a choice and you can't have it both ways. If you're going to be on WiFi a lot your battery is going drain like an oil pan without a plug.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Which is very strange. All the other phones that I've had, and currently have (Nokia Lumia 920, LG G3, Moto G 2014) use basically no battery when WiFi is on. I leave them on overnight and all get the same 5 or 6 emails each night and maybe a msg or two. The other phones so no or maybe 1% battery use during the time. My S6E will use 6% or so.
All set up the same way.

Fred

Turn off WiFi and your cell standby problems will disappear. You gotta make a choice and you can't have it both ways. If you're going to be on WiFi a lot your battery is going drain like an oil pan without a plug.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

This is an idiotic solution (albeit, it may be what I have to do). I can have it both ways if there wasn't a bug preventing me.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I left home with full battery and returned home 10 hours later with 85 percent of my battery left. When I used to stay connected to WiFi at work all day I'd have less than 50 percent battery at the end of the day. Granted I can't be using my phone a lot while I'm at work but that's still a huge improvement in battery life.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I don't get at all how the S6 and S6E uses so much power when on WiFi, when none of my other phones do.
My other phones use almost nothing overnight, even getting 5 or 6 emails (same email app across all the phones) and several Viber and Line msgs
My S6E will drip 6% or more, my other phones (LGG3, Moto G 2014, Nokia Lumia 920) drop basically nothing overnight.

Fred

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol