Twitter Sound Notifications

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I am wanting to talk to anyone that uses twitter on their phone. I got my Samsung galaxy s6 today and so far this is the only bug I have noticed. Whenever I try to change the sound notification on my phone it takes it back to default. It does it both on the app itself and in the app manager. Can someone tell me if this is a bug with the phone or the app itself? I am assuming it's a bug with the app itself as all of the other notifications are allowing me to change the sound.

Thanks

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I can't fix the notification sound. The setting won't stick. It's been reported. It's an app issue and not a phone issue. Sorry. Hopefully in the next build the issue will be fixed. Are you using the beta version of Twitter for android?

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. I can't fix the notification sound. The setting won't stick. It's been reported. It's an app issue and not a phone issue. Sorry. Hopefully in the next build the issue will be fixed. Are you using the beta version of Twitter for android?

Thank you for answering my question. No I'm using the regular app. You are right when you say it doesn't stick. You select a different sound and it switches straight back after setting it off. When I tried to turn it to silent I flipped the switch and went back out and the flip went back to no longer being switched immediately. Though I'm relieved to know it's an app problem and not a phone problem.

It's so weird trying to get used to the differences in the apps being ios and Android lol

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I understand completely. It's annoying when it works on my Note 2 but not on my S6. It was working for a while then just stopped when I updated the app.

BoldmerePaul

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Is everyone still having this problem? I've got a brand new S6 Edge + and the notifications are driving me mad because I don't know when I'm getting a text or a tweet. I know I can turn off notifications altogether, but I do want to know about certain tweets but without sound.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I got the S6 right when it came out and I have had this annoying issue since day 1. Numerous twitter app updates yet the problem still persists.

Kurtpg1969

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Yup, still an issue on Samsung Galaxy S6. One workaround is to install a file Explorer such as ES and then if you manually browse to the notification tone you want, it WILL stick. However, it won't help if you want one of the stock Samsung notification tones.
(You can if you wish copy the stock notifications to the SD card from: /system/media/audio/notifications)

DarekWa

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Yup, still an issue on Samsung Galaxy S6. One workaround is to install a file Explorer such as ES and then if you manually browse to the notification tone you want, it WILL stick. However, it won't help if you want one of the stock Samsung notification tones.
(You can if you wish copy the stock notifications to the SD card from: /system/media/audio/notifications)
it's not working

venturafelipe

May 16, 2016
Visit site
There's an alternate solution if you want silent notifications for tweets!

Go to Settings > Image and sound and disable "Sound effects". That's it, no more sounds when you receive tweets. I've tested this on the Galaxy A7 2016, but there's no reason this shouldn't work on the Galaxy S6 as well.

Of course, if you don't want them to be silent, then you'll have to use ES File Explorer - or wait for Twitter to get its **** together.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
S7 edge here and this stupid thing is still a bug. Trying to switch notifications ringtone to silent and it will NOT stick. So frustrating.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
There's an alternate solution if you want silent notifications for tweets!

Go to Settings > Image and sound and disable "Sound effects". That's it, no more sounds when you receive tweets. I've tested this on the Galaxy A7 2016, but there's no reason this shouldn't work on the Galaxy S6 as well.

Of course, if you don't want them to be silent, then you'll have to use ES File Explorer - or wait for Twitter to get its **** together.
This WORKED!!! Thank you. No more vibrating on notifications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1