Any TIPS & TRICKS to share with everyone ?

Tim Caldwell

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I've looked through these threads and don't see anything pertaining to the Tricks, Tips, How-to, etc for the S6 ... (I apologize if it's here someplace, and feel free to share a link if you have one.)

So what kind of how-to sort of things have you found? e.g., I found my mistake that I can add additional screens beyond the 7 that are there by default -- by pinching on a screen & clicking on the "+". Where is this documented?

Thanks all .. .loving this phone as I familiarize myself with the features.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
One feature I really enjoy (not sure this is specific to S6 or not) that I don't see getting much attention is "Do Not Disturb".

This feature works best if you set it all up. I have mine set to auto start at 11pm and auto end at 7am.
I have my close friends and families listed as favourites in my contacts, and the DND mode is set to allow favourites to be exceptions. This means that if one of my faves tries to call or text, I'll get it. BUT anything else (random emails, etc) don't notify me during the night hours.

On my S3, even with the times set, the mode would be "on" all the time. Not blocking stuff, but the little notificaton would always be there. With the S6, it only shows up during the set time, so I don't need to think about it, it just does it's thing automatically at 11pm, and goes away at 7am.

clborden

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if anybody already suggested this or not on these forums, but I have something for the fingerprint reader. I did this with my old iPhone 6 plus and it worked great. I typically use my right thumb, so I registered it 3 times. Since I've done this, I have only gotten about a half dozen misreads. Which I see as a major improvement.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it's always a good idea for a thread like this, but I think that nobody has done it because having youTube and the tons of videos about this, it's easier to just see the video.

Just in case here are 3 of those that basically cover most of the features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvnUXs0scTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7JY0IlG0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_dZ3QWBCCk

In the first 50+ video, I got the following out if it

The AllTogether app sounds cool.
Had forgotten about adaptive display.
Zoom in with volume rocker is camera.
Collage feature in Galleries.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

KRW1

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Talking about the Lollipop. Think that's with every new OS version, there's a different one.

Yes the Lollipop comes up and you can tap to change colors and a long press launches the game. I don't usually see this hidden feature in the tutorials.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta