Loudspeaker defaulted when taking and making calls (new galaxy s6 )-please help!!!!!

Laura Marriott

May 19, 2015
Visit site
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!
Hi all, I brought the Samsung Galaxy S6 in April 2015.
From day one it has been defaulting to LOUDSPEAKER every time I either take or make a call! (I have to press the speaker picture twice to make it quiet again and resume my conversation) I have Googled to find answers in other forums all over the internet but the closest I have come is a Galaxy 'S5' Forum.
I have tried the usual "mode" settings and because there isn't a "car mode" setting on S6.. I guess it rules that one out.
So please.. Can anyone save me from the time-consuming perils of the dreaded "Factory Reset?" :( :-\
I have my phone just the way I want it now, I have a busy life, I just really don't want to have to do it.:'(
Any fab geeks out there who can offer an alternative or know of the solution without such drastic measures, I would be eternally greatfull. (.. well at least for the next 2 years until my new phone contract runs out!..lol )

Many Thanks,
Laura :)

**Note** -I contacted Samsung direct and they couldn't help. They had never heard of it before so they just said do a factory reset as a result.
--------------------------------
Here are some of the Google apps that I have downloaded to use, I guess my last resort is to delete some of them and re-install, perhaps due to conflicting software?

Handcent, weq4u, tvcatchup, fb,twitter,any video, light manager, say no to 0870, utorrent, ringtone editor pro, ebay,wallpaper aps various, history erazer, tesco groceries, blinkbox music, transits, phases of the moon, call recorder, Alarm clock extreme, dropbox, fb privy chat, nctx, makeup alley, sleep aid and I think that's it!

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
If you haven't done a factory reset yet, then do it. The issue can't have bothered you that badly if you have lived with it this long without trying a reset...

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.

dcool19d

May 10, 2015
Visit site
See if wiping your portion cache will fix anything, which can be done by powering your phone off and press Volume up + Home Button + Power button at the same time.
If that fails then you'll just have to resort to the factory reset or learn to live with it.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Try s-voice settings and see if speaker is set to default. Maybe that may help if it is on, then switch it to off. I'd check that call recorder app you downloaded as well. That might be using permissions for your phone settings

Galaxy S6 Gang

dcool19d

May 10, 2015
Visit site
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!
Hi all, I brought the Samsung Galaxy S6 in April 2015.
From day one it has been defaulting to LOUDSPEAKER every time I either take or make a call! (I have to press the speaker picture twice to make it quiet again and resume my conversation) I have Googled to find answers in other forums all over the internet but the closest I have come is a Galaxy 'S5' Forum.
I have tried the usual "mode" settings and because there isn't a "car mode" setting on S6.. I guess it rules that one out.
So please.. Can anyone save me from the time-consuming perils of the dreaded "Factory Reset?" :( :-\
I have my phone just the way I want it now, I have a busy life, I just really don't want to have to do it.:'(
Any fab geeks out there who can offer an alternative or know of the solution without such drastic measures, I would be eternally greatfull. (.. well at least for the next 2 years until my new phone contract runs out!..lol )

Many Thanks,
Laura :)

**Note** -I contacted Samsung direct and they couldn't help. They had never heard of it before so they just said do a factory reset as a result.
--------------------------------
Here are some of the Google apps that I have downloaded to use, I guess my last resort is to delete some of them and re-install, perhaps due to conflicting software?

Handcent, weq4u, tvcatchup, fb,twitter,any video, light manager, say no to 0870, utorrent, ringtone editor pro, ebay,wallpaper aps various, history erazer, tesco groceries, blinkbox music, transits, phases of the moon, call recorder, Alarm clock extreme, dropbox, fb privy chat, nctx, makeup alley, sleep aid and I think that's it!

It's the S Voice as mentioned above.
There's an option to "Auto start Speakerphone"

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Try s-voice settings and see if speaker is set to default. Maybe that may help if it is on, then switch it to off. I'd check that call recorder app you downloaded as well. That might be using permissions for your phone settings

Galaxy S6 Gang

Hit the nail on the head there with s voice. Just happened to me when I first set it up.

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Marriott

May 19, 2015
Visit site
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE:

I did a factory reset in the end as nothing else worked, s-voice was off and cache reset kinda did something but I took the plunge and did it properly. Yawn to getting it back to a 'me-kinda-personalised-state', I feel tired just thinking about the user names and log ins and passwords and google play hammering!..lol :) I'm sure in a few months there will be others scouring tinternet with the S6 speakerphone thing ..lol Tata peeps and kind regards for your help. x
;)

crouchedtiger

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem and I have looked for all options on the net the only one remaining is the hard reset! I even spoke to the customer care via live chat and they asked me to "wipe cache portion" did that yet the speaker happily turned green while testing. It's going to be 14 days today since I bought this phone :( :( should i return it or risk never having the luxury of connecting my mobile device to the car?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem and I have looked for all options on the net the only one remaining is the hard reset! I even spoke to the customer care via live chat and they asked me to "wipe cache portion" did that yet the speaker happily turned green while testing. It's going to be 14 days today since I bought this phone :( :( should i return it or risk never having the luxury of connecting my mobile device to the car?

Take it back and get a new one if you still can. Test it out in the store before you leave though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Charles Galt

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
OMG, I have had this 'speaker-default-answer' issue for days, too, and it over-rides my BlueTooth on car. And Makaroni, you just solved my problem! I knew that recently in SOME settings, I had toggled "auto-speaker" on, but I could not, for the life of me find where it was to undo it. It was a call-recorder app!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaay! thank you!
cpg/chezoik

prasannapks

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Dear frnd change some setting ,and I think the problem will solve
go to setting
then, language and input
then ,notification read out
then, deselect, call from fav contact

Le_Superman14

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE:

I did a factory reset in the end as nothing else worked, s-voice was off and cache reset kinda did something but I took the plunge and did it properly. Yawn to getting it back to a 'me-kinda-personalised-state', I feel tired just thinking about the user names and log ins and passwords and google play hammering!..lol :) I'm sure in a few months there will be others scouring tinternet with the S6 speakerphone thing ..lol Tata peeps and kind regards for your help. x
;)

Same problem here -_-

Last edited by a moderator:

J R Salazar

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Laura this is been happening to me in the last month and I may be able to help if you haven't been already I noticed that on your app inventory you have one called "call recorder" this is exactly when it happened to me... I downloaded call recorder and under settings if you look there is a speaker option I had it set for "on" once I turned it off there were no more speaker problems on my particular phone whether I initiated the call or received it...I hope this helps you it was driving me crazy -John

AlianiB

May 25, 2017
Visit site
OMG, I have had this 'speaker-default-answer' issue for days, too, and it over-rides my BlueTooth on car. And Makaroni, you just solved my problem! I knew that recently in SOME settings, I had toggled "auto-speaker" on, but I could not, for the life of me find where it was to undo it. It was a call-recorder app!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaay! thank you!
cpg/chezoik

Thanks you just solved my problem

Last edited by a moderator:
May 27, 2017
Visit site
This has been driving me crazy for weeks. I have looked at every setting on my phone a 100 times. Finally came across a thread that solved it - I have an app called Auto Call Record and there is a setting called "enable or disable auto speaker" - not even sure what the purpose of this setting is in the app - but it was defaulted to activate - when I un-activated the setting problem solved! If you are having the issue - and did the obvious - turn driving mode off - and looked at all phone settings - and still having the issue - then the problem lies in one of your app settings - look for an app tied to your phone or voicemail.

janatzakas

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I had the same problem.
From you list of you Google apps i have the THE CALL RECORDER, is setting of this apk in Recording Setting is the problem AUTOMATIC SPEAKER uncheck the box and your problems finish
John

Jcj99be

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
In my case, the problem started a few days ago. I don't have a call recorder app installed.
I booted in safe mode and the problem was gone, so it had to be linked to one of my apps.
Started going through my apps via the application manager to see which ones had access to audio settings.
Surpringly, I saw that the "Samsung Internet" app accesses audio settings and I remembered that it was recently updated.
Went into the app, but didn't see any settings related to audio.
Finally, i tapped clear cache for the Samsung Internet app and that seemed to do the trick! Problem solved! Very strange!?!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1