S6 Annoyances

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy S6 is definitely a great device but I'm sure there's something about it that annoys you. For me:

1. The Auto-brightness
2. Limited App drawer options compared to my S3(Hide, Downloaded Only, Share, etc)
3. Limited control over Account Sync(more so a Android thing but still)

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
The battery life is driving me nuts on this phone. Especially coming from the iPhone six plus. It is incredible to just sit there and watch it drain in 4-5 hours of on screen time even with all the settings changed. It got to the point where I got so fed up I reset the device, put the black picture as my wallpaper and lock screen, set Nova launcher. I am so over it. Thank goodness I still have my iPhone six plus too

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The battery life is driving me nuts on this phone. Especially coming from the iPhone six plus. It is incredible to just sit there and watch it drain in 4-5 hours of on screen time even with all the settings changed. It got to the point where I got so fed up I reset the device, put the black picture as my wallpaper and lock screen, set Nova launcher. I am so over it. Thank goodness I still have my iPhone six plus too

You are fed up with 4 to 5 hours of screen on time? What settings have you changed, and what carrier are you on?

Posted via the zenfone 2

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Very small niggle, turning off the data always brings up a warning message. It's like I know, I'm turning it off for a reason stop telling me!

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Very small niggle, turning off the data always brings up a warning message. It's like I know, I'm turning it off for a reason stop telling me!

LOL Yep ... the "nag" messages built into the S6 are very annoying. The worst offender for me is the "high volume" warning when using bluetooth or headphones. But all of them bother me ... cellular data, airplane mode, volume, etc.

There SHOULD be a global override setting to "turn warning messages on/off".

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
LOL Yep ... the "nag" messages built into the S6 are very annoying. The worst offender for me is the "high volume" warning when using bluetooth or headphones. But all of them bother me ... cellular data, airplane mode, volume, etc.

Ah yes I forgot about the headphone warning due to me usually using my old reliable iPod classic. But on the times I have used it, the high volume is basically a whisper! So yeah I wish there was that option. I often turn off the data and lock instantly, forgetting that data doesn't actually turn off unless you press the accept button. Irratating!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes it goes too dim at the wrong times or brightness doesn't kick in right away outdoors.

Ah weird. I mean it takes a second for my phone to realize when outdoors (about 2-3 seconds) but that is the only delay I see.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

Those are not exclusive to S6, my HTC One M8 also has the high volume warning, as did my old Moto Razr Maxx HD. Same with the warning when turning off mobile data. I think most phones have that. The Moto also had a "reminder" whenever you unplugged the usb charger from the phone, it would remind you to unplug the charger from the wall to save power.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Loving my S6 it's amazing, but these 6 thing's are annoying.

Battery
Touchwizz
Camera hump
External speaker
Back button should be on the left
Should have shipped with USB C

dreaming of electric sheep

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand the notifications interrupting music over Bluetooth. It is infuriating.

Posted via the Android Central App

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

I kept my iPhone 6 Plus as well and have been using it quite a bit lately due to the S6 battery life which drives me nuts as well. The S6 just drains away battery in Standby doing nothing at all and I'm constantly having to watch my battery during a long day away from my charger. With my 6 Plus, I never give battery life a second thought.

That said, I'd be thrilled with 4-5 hours SoT on the S6 - I average more like 2.5-3.5 SoT.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
TouchWiz needs more slimming down and consolidation of menus that make logical sense to customization and functionality.

Chassis need to be flush with camera hump

Themes that were designed for business professionals.

Better speakers and a mate for the existing one.

Move the power button at the same height as the top volume rocker.

Increase lock,screen timeout.

More camera features and improve the existing ones.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I can't sort my app drawer, very annoying....Rogers better add it on 5.1

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2