Power button.

clemsy

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask, after the latest update. It feels like you really need to press down on the power button to get the shut down menu to show up.

Not sure if this happened before. If i don't press down hard enough or right, the shut down menu shows up then it locks and the lock screen shows up.

On my note 2, it's quite straight forward, and I don't remember having to hold down the power button for that long for it to shut down.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
On AT&T as well. Noticed now that you mention it. A step slower on power on but power off, didn't notice any difference.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
The two above posts are correct ... original press-time on the lock/unlock/power button was 0.5 seconds, which was too quick for most people, causing too many accidental requests for "power off". Therefore, AT&T changed it to a 1.5 second press/hold time before pulling up that menu. Power down/up time remained the same, and only the time taken to invoke that menu changed.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The two above posts are correct ... original press-time on the lock/unlock/power button was 0.5 seconds, which was too quick for most people, causing too many accidental requests for "power off". Therefore, AT&T changed it to a 1.5 second press/hold time before pulling up that menu. Power down/up time remained the same, and only the time taken to invoke that menu changed.
Thanks for the info. Probably a good thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac