Enhanced contact features??

Coopsdm

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else getting a request to enable enhanced contact features?? It looks like a Sammy notification but doesn't exactly make that clear. Also despite declining the request several times it keeps reappearing.... Very annoying!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else getting a request to enable enhanced contact features?? It looks like a Sammy notification but doesn't exactly make that clear. Also despite declining the request several times it keeps reappearing.... Very annoying!!

Never seen this before. What carrier are you on? Also, can you snap a screenshot of this notification/request next time it happens, and post it up here for us to see?

My only guess right now is some other app you have installed is trying to "link" to your contacts to enable syncing between your phone's contact list and the mystery app ... or something LIKE that ...

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Never seen this before. What carrier are you on? Also, can you snap a screenshot of this notification/request next time it happens, and post it up here for us to see?

My only guess right now is some other app you have installed is trying to "link" to your contacts to enable syncing between your phone's contact list and the mystery app ... or something LIKE that ...

I just started getting this also. I think this is what the op is referring to.
I hit decline but not sure how to disable. I have the T-Mobile s6.

Attachments

• 589.jpg
    589.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 57

Amishtech

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
The popup is for the "Enhanced Features" component that includes Simple Sharing. This feature lets you push large files and profile information to your contacts. A lot of people probably just agree the first time it appears, but the fine print is clear that agreeing means your phone number, messages, and contacts will be collected by Samsung. - per android police there is a work around to stop it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coopsdm

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Yup that screen shot is exactly what I'm getting..... Decline option only makes it go away for a while and the it comes back again. I have no other contact apps installed just using stock

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
The popup is for the "Enhanced Features" component that includes Simple Sharing. This feature lets you push large files and profile information to your contacts. A lot of people probably just agree the first time it appears, but the fine print is clear that agreeing means your phone number, messages, and contacts will be collected by Samsung. - per android police there is a work around to stop it.

Thank you.. I'll search android police. Yes, I declined when I read some details... Sick of it popping up.
Things like this make me miss the nexus line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma