How can I transfer my music to make them a ringtone on my Galaxy S6?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S6 music download

Having bought and downloaded several albums via the Google Play app I thought they would appear in my music folder but sadly they didnt and I can only access them via the app. Is there a way of transferring them to my music folder so I can in turn use them as a ringtone? If not is there anywhere I can download music from that saves it in the music folder? I asked a guy in Carphone Warehouse and he showed me a site that turned out to be an illegal download site which I would rather not use.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 music download

Welcome to Android Central! If you download music directly from the Google Play Music app, it's saved in a hidden directory under a coded filename, because it's only for offline use by the Play Music app. In order to manipulate the files, you have to download from your Google Play Music library website on your computer browser. Then copy the mp3 file over to the phone's Ringtones directory via USB connection. See this article for more info: Android 101: Adding your own custom sounds to Android events | Android Central

That Carphone Warehouse guy ... I have no words for that. :-\

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

This is exactly why I use Amazon Music App instead of Google Play Music. All music I buy from Amazon automatically downloads and transfers into my music files and can be played from the native music app. I use them for ringtones and stuff all the time.

Kim Werth

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

This is exactly why I use Amazon Music App instead of Google Play Music. All music I buy from Amazon automatically downloads and transfers into my music files and can be played from the native music app. I use them for ringtones and stuff all the time.

Strange. I use Amazon Music and only 1 of my albums is showing when I got to change my ringtone. There must be a setting I missed. Any help out is appreciated.

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Try downloading Ringtone Maker app from the Play Store. It finds your music and allows you to turn them into ringtones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney