Google Services Update for GS6

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Won't this be pushed thru the Google Play store? Why are you side loading it?

Posted via the Android Central App

When its final it will be pushed. Installing apk's is fun if you can't wait. Either way lollipop checks to make sure its signed for your device so you can't install the wrong version by mistake.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
You can't mess up and install the wrong one.

You bet you can!! I was on android police and downloaded 430, not the 440 by accident. It installed fine but a bunch of errors started to occur. Saying armv7 not compatible with armv864 and some other stuff. Could not uninstall and just now getting my phone set back up from from a wipe. This is fun!

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
You bet you can!! I was on android police and downloaded 430, not the 440 by accident. It installed fine but a bunch of errors started to occur. Saying armv7 not compatible with armv864 and some other stuff. Could not uninstall and just now getting my phone set back up from from a wipe. This is fun!

Sorry to break the news but lollipop checks it first......its documented...nice try though.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to break the news but lollipop checks it first......its documented...nice try though.

This is with 430 from android police. So. ...yeah, it can. had to break my phone again just to show you.

Notice where it says "installed". Now google play music, maps, and other stuff doesn't work.

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
This is with 430 from android police. So. ...yeah, it can. had to break my phone again just to show you.

Notice where it says "installed". Now google play music, maps, and other stuff doesn't work.

Are you auditioning for a role on the techmartt site? The young guys that slammed GS6 on concrete or dunk it in water for 25 minutes?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
No offence but why are you always sarcastic towards people when they have a problem with their phones

I don't think he was trying to be mean. Just referencing me breaking my phone again as being some sort of break-a-holic jokingly!

It's ok man though. This time instead of it disabling all services, it let me into G Drive where it let me install 440 without a wipe this time. All is good!

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think he was trying to be mean. Just referencing me breaking my phone again as being some sort of break-a-holic jokingly!

It's ok man though. This time instead of it disabling all services, it let me into G Drive where it let me install 440 without a wipe this time. All is good!
Thanks, man. Get jumped all the time for comments that are in jest and only with those I feel understand and don't mind it. I can also can't express my opinion with out the same result. Glad it didn't brick on you.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, man. Get jumped all the time for comments that are in jest and only with those I feel understand and don't mind it. I can also can't express my opinion with out the same result. Glad it didn't brick on you.

Try using lol or /s after making a joke. This way, people know that don't know that your kidding. :)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Definitely will make it clear within the confines of forum rules. Thanks, man.

Is not just about doing it within the rules, it's just so people think that your not being sarcastic or rude. I'm not saying in any way you have to do it, it's just that text doesn't always show your true intentions. I don't like people getting lambasted for absolutely nothing!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Is not just about doing it within the rules, it's just so people think that your not being sarcastic or rude. I'm not saying in any way you have to do it, it's just that text doesn't always show your true intentions. I don't like people getting lambasted for absolutely nothing!

Totally on the same page. I shouldn't assume that context is sufficient and I should be more cognizant that too many take the literal meaning as an opportunity to be rude. I have finally learned not to engage those users and let their rude or ignorant posts speak for themselves. Wish we could go back to the days of opinion being discussed or if you didn't agree, pass on them.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Totally on the same page. I shouldn't assume that context is sufficient and I should be more cognizant that too many take the literal meaning as an opportunity to be rude. I have finally learned not to engage those users and let their rude or ignorant posts speak for themselves. Wish we could go back to the days of opinion being discussed or if you didn't agree, pass on them.

Yuppers!

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
It was clearly a joke. Lighten up folks. Jcp007 has never made a malicious or sarcastic comment in any of his millions of posts (😆). Lol