Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking Google nexus 4 or galaxy note 4?

The nexus 4 is googles own. They almost always get updates first. Even if they are older. The note 4 is a flagship device, just in the phablet catagory.

Posted via the Android Central App
The latter. It's in the title.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The Note 4 is a flagship phone and will remain so until the Note 5. The Galaxy Note and Galaxy S lines are Samsung's flagships so if the Note 4 got 5.1.1 a bit before or the same time as the S6 I would not be surprised. Also that article is all sorts of wrong. It says the S6 got 5.1 as an OTA already.

That said 5.1.1 is mostly going to be under the hood improvements that hopefully take care of Lollipop biggest bugs but with Android M close to being announced I am curious how many of the nasty Lollipop bug fixes got pushed to M.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The GS6 is a more current device and should get it first.

But what of the people who bought their note 4's on launch day in September? They've been waiting a lot longer than us s6 owners to get the update. They've waited 9 months. We've only got to wait another month or so.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
But what of the people who bought their note 4's on launch day in September? They've been waiting a lot longer than us s6 owners to get the update. They've waited 9 months. We've only got to wait another month or so.

When you put it that way, fair point. I was looking at it from the appearance of current Google devices getting and then non-Google devices. Just to clarify just in case it wasn't clear to those wondering ..non-Google Android devices. It was just my thought based upon what I have been reading and watching past OS updates on my prior Android devices.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
When you put it that way, fair point. I was looking at it from the appearance of current Google devices getting and then non-Google devices. Just to clarify just in case it wasn't clear to those wondering ..non-Google Android devices. It was just my thought based upon what I have been reading and watching past OS updates on my prior Android devices.

Yeah, some have updated from newer to older devices instead of older to newer like Samsung in this case. But it doesn't bother me as we haven't waited that long.

Google's own products will always get it first but there has been no rhyme or reason the way they update. Luck of the draw I guess as to which one gets updated first.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, some have updated from newer to older devices instead of older to newer like Samsung in this case. But it doesn't bother me so we haven't waited that long.

Google's own products will always get it first but there has been no rhyme or reason the way they update. Luck of the draw I guess.

The next couple of weeks should interesting. Just a thought and not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way for those wondering.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The next couple of weeks should interesting. Just a thought and not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way for those wondering.

It's cool! Like you said, next few weeks will be hard on us.... Waiting.... Wanting.... Pulling our hair out....

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It's cool! Like you said, next few weeks will be hard on us.... Waiting.... Wanting.... Pulling our hair out....

At least those if us with hair..meant as a humorous remark and not as offensive or sarcastic or judgmental in any way for those wondering. Apologies in advance for those who are sensitive about being follicularly challenged.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm playing with a device that's on 5.0.0 and I'm not caring. It's still lollipop and it still works.

As for the S6 we will get it when we get it. At least right now my S6 is doing well, takes great pics, and has strong battery life. I'll take a minor update or two, but I'm in no rush for 5.1.1.
It will happen when it happens.

Posted via the zenfone 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see more consistent updates form the OEM's but as always the carriers get in the way. Hoping to see 5.1.1 soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463