The Google search bar on my Galaxy S6, how do I get it back?

A

AC Question

google search bar on galaxy s6 is missing at the top of my screen how do I get it back?

I've tried everything and do not know what happened to my google search at the top of my screen on my home page. Please help

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: google search bar on galaxy s6 is missing at the top of my screen how do I get it back?

It's a widget. Just add it back to your home screen. Hold your finger on an empty spot for a second or so and then select widget

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: google search bar on galaxy s6 is missing at the top of my screen how do I get it back?

Make sure you did not disable the Google app. The widget is within the app.

Posted via the Android Central App

Darla Cole

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the same problem. Long pressing on the home screen just puts a rectangle around the screen and brings up the delete option. When I click on the apps menu, there isn't a widgets option?

tjayfri

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I could not find it in Widgets. ATT support made some changes today to google account. How to I enable the google app?

Sarah P1

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

I've tried everything and do not know what happened to my google search at the top of my screen on my home page. Please help

Same thing happened in my Note 5. I got it back by pressing hold on screen > select Widget icon in lower section > in widgets select "More" link in upper right > select "Search Widgets" > type "Google" into search box and Google widgets populate. Click Google App widget cluster > in cluster, press and hold search bar and drag to home screen.

Last edited:

Devon Seeley

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site

This is the first post I've come across that has actually worked. Thank you.

No1Twin

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much for the fix it info I dont know why my phone looses all the icons I have on my pages...but occasionally it does. Drives me insane. I can find them in apps....but could not find the google search bar, and I use it A LOT! TY TY TY from an android dummy! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca