s6 cases really necessory

Ray3613

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I use a clear cover for my s6 , but is there people out there who dont any case and feel that there is no need of one?

Posted via the Android Central App

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I want to see what the camera hump will look like after a month of no case. On my note 3 the humps color changed and there were scratches all over the lens.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Glass backs make me nervous. Had one with the Nexus 4 and Xperia Z2...I always use cases and would never go without a case on my S6!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Imo, no matter how careful anyone is, if you are afraid of scuffs, scratches, and cracks, any phone these days need to be in a good case because accidents will always eventually happen.

I use the Otterbox Defender case and love it. It's not like some of the older phones defender series cases that makes it way to bulky. It's just as thin as my s4 commuter case was but with the extra protection.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I usually use cases to keep my devices in mint condition to get the best resale value possible down the road. If I don't use a case it's usually because I'm using a skin to protect against scratches. No drop protection though. People who don't use cases point out that they tend to enjoy the phone as it was meant to be.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want a case then you can always get a front and back clear screen protector a long with a bumper.
If you go with a bumper, go RHINO. Screen protector. Otterbox Glass protector. Not sure if this combo works but the front and back are glass.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Right now mine is naked. Cops were called and my phone got a warning for indecency in public. Back to my Otterbox defender.

I want to go naked but dang, one accidental drop and it's toast.

Solitude1984

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a case right away because I can guarantee 100% that I will drop this phone a good number of times in the next two years, and I would rather not spend the money to fix it if I can help it. My case is already a little scuffed from dropping my phone on the garage floor this week. ><

Infinitez_72

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
The S6 is an absolute beauty without a case, but like everyone else I have one because one little drop and then bam, there goes the device. Better safe than sorry.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If you go with a bumper, go RHINO. Screen protector. Otterbox Glass protector. Not sure if this combo works but the front and back are glass.

Currently I'm using the spigen neo hybrid ex I think it's called that's just a bumper and truly a bumper that doesn't cover the back and just around the edges of the phone, with zagg glass screen protector for the front and a plastic glass protector for the back that came with the case. Pretty sweet. Definitely recommend.

Ray3613

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I bght a clear cover about a week or two before i bght my s6 XD! I find my s6 really light,sexier nd slimmer than wen i use the cover but have to put it back on since i care for it!

ShannonDavis

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The S6 is my 6th smartphone. I've always use a case to protect against drops. I've never used a protective film and I have never scratched the glass.

greeman3

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My UAG Urban Armor Gear case saved my S4 that was dropped on concrete twice and on to hardwood floor once (guess I'm accident prone). I immediately put one on my S6 when I got it. Haven't dropped it yet..... fingers crossed. But hopefully the outcome will be good when I do. The case is relatively small, but offers good protection.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
The S6 is my 6th smartphone. I've always use a case to protect against drops. I've never used a protective film and I have never scratched the glass.

Same here ... I dont use the clear vinyl or glass screen protectors, and have never found the need for them.

As for cases, I hate phone cases. On my S4, I bought one of the samsung OEM plain-jane flip/fold cover cases, which replaced the back panel of the phone, and had the cover that flipped over the front. But, I got my trusty Xacto out and cut the "flip thingy" off, so that the case became just a replacement back for the phone. This back was more heavy duty, and was flush with the slight camera bump on the back of the phone - making it flat on the back, which was what I wanted. Killed two birds w/ one stone there ... heavy-duty back cover, and no more camera hump. So, I ran that phone naked for two years. Dropped it a couple of times, but it only received minimal damage to the phone's main bezel.

Ok, enough of that. On to the S6 ... I may as well be running it naked, because the "case" I have on it is one of those hard rubberized plastic "shells" that only covers the back, and the sides ... top/bottom of the phone are "open", with the side thingys just barely wrapping up over the corners of the phone. Case is just thick enough to let the phone sit flat on its back, and is a satin/matte finish, which aids greatly in grip and feel. Phone still feels thin as can be ... has added protection ... sits flat on the desk/table ... easier to grip ... doesn't appreciably change the look of the phone (it's black, and I have the sapphire black phone) ... and the buttons are "cut-outs" so that you can still feel them and operate them as if no case was on the phone. It's pretty much the perfect case for me. Link to my case below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4449576

61oFD7bLAPL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith