My phone always thinks there's a finger on the fingerprint scanner

Reecewarner56

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello! Everytime I press the power button on my Samsung to wake it up, it automatically comes up with the 'no match' message, thinking that there is always a finger on the button, meaning it instantly sends me to the back up password screen. When on the fingerprint set up tab in settings it still thinks that a finger is placed on the home button, if I try to add a new fingerprint I can leave my phone laying down without touching it and the phone starts adding up in percentages as if I was adding my own fingerprint, yet I'm not even touching it. If that made any sense can someone please help me!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone is under warranty, so have it repaired or replaced. Wasting hours troubleshooting something you can have someone else waste their time on isn't efficient.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Rukbat--something like that sounds like either a hardware issue or a firmware issue. For a phone that new, it's probably better to bring it back to the store and ask for an exchange, or to contact Samsung for warranty repair (if the store can't or won't do anything about it).

The only thing I would suggest trying before this would be to wipe the system cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095. If that doesn't help, then a factory reset wouldn't hurt either, since you'd probably be bringing it to the store afterwards anyway.