Wireless charging

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Any case that is not metal, or aluminum for that matter.

That pretty much sums it up ... though I'm sure there is a certain thickness of plastic/TPU/rubber that would eventually space the phone far enough from the charging pad that it wouldn't work ... but I haven't seen/heard of a case so far that was that thick that it prohibited wireless charging.

Both my TPU slim case, and my Terrapin Extra Slim Rubberized Plastic cases work perfectly w/ the wireless charger pads I have.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
With my Otterbox Defender sitting on a stack of paper about 1/8" thick, I still get full charging current, but 3/16" stops the charging. But the Otterbox itself is pretty thick for a case.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Any case that is not metal, or aluminum for that matter.

Posted via the Android Central App

I don't think any cases are actual metal/aluminium. They would mess up the wireless radio and phones wouldn't get reception. All cases (as far as I'm aware) are plastic or rubber or something along those lines.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think any cases are actual metal/aluminium. They would mess up the wireless radio and phones wouldn't get reception. All cases (as far as I'm aware) are plastic or rubber or something along those lines.

Amazon has all metal cases for sale for the s6. They are a thin aluminum (anodized) case that won't work with wireless charging.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Amazon has all metal cases for sale for the s6. They are a thin aluminum (anodized) case that won't work with wireless charging.

That's interesting. I would have thought they'd mess up with the radio reception, seeing as the S6 has the 4 plastic inserts on the metal band for the radios. Unless these cases also have those inserts as well.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the UAG case. Wireless charging works with qi chargers but I had trouble with a Duracell Powermat. My phone was very inconsistent on the Powermat. It worked fine on the Powermat with thinner cases.

bricenm

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
My S6 is in an Otterbox Commuter case and charges fine on both my TYLT VU and Samsung charging pad. Both are Qi chargers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish