Consumer Reports says S5 > S6?

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand the "premium build" hype especially when it's about things like a glass back that is will obviously crack. Almost everybody should have their phone in a case covering all but the screen. For me function >form.

There's more to function than just the external construction. In most any task the S6 will easily outperform the S5.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The S5 sold 10 million in 27 days. S6/Edge last sold 10 million in roughly 40 days. The market has spoken loud and clear. Take away is that world leading specs and iPhoneesque frame are no guarantee of success.
Consumer reports theory is that the S5 is superior because it's more practical as a tool. Which is what a mobile device should be. Not jewelry.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The S5 sold 10 million in 27 days. S6/Edge last sold 10 million in roughly 40 days. The market has spoken loud and clear. Take away is that world leading specs and iPhoneesque frame are no guarantee of success.
Consumer reports theory is that the S5 is superior because it's more practical as a tool. Which is what a mobile device should be. Not jewelry.

So what? The S6 is still the best phone you can get so buy it or don't. The rest don't matter.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Could be wrong. The sales were over a month which is 30 or 31 days. The GS6 has a lot more competition and with a radical design, some still have not forgiven Samsung for excluding features that could be an endangered species one day soon and for making a business decision in the best interest of the company and its shareholders. It doesn't make Consumer Reports or Forbes right. If you think Samsung made the wrong decision, there are plenty of great high end and low end smartphones to choose from. If you have no skin in the game, the vote you have is your wallet. Slow acceptance is not a sure sign of anything but current market conditions which can change in a heartbeat.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
...Slow acceptance is not a sure sign of anything but current market conditions which can change in a heartbeat.

I agree. It is way overly simplistic to say that because the S6 isn't outselling the S5, that the market is saying loud and clear that the new design was a mistake. The S6 faces significantly more/better competition than the S5 did, including a much-improved iPhone. I suspect that if they hadn't gone in the direction they did, the S6 would be doing worse. I think the changes in the S6 make it MUCH better phone than the S5. With the increase internal memory, I don't miss the SD card and with wireless charging and fast charging, I don't miss the removable battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs