What do you Clean your Screen with?

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I usually use Windex or Isopropyl alcohol to clean and disinfect my smartphone screens.
Is there any chance these products could damage the fingerprint sensor?

Thanks for any comments.

-Rich

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I just use a microfiber cloth and no liquid. Don't wanna take any chances.
If you buy the microfiber cloth used for cars, it makes your phone look brand new each time without any need for liquid. Its a good quality microfiber

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I usually use Windex or Isopropyl alcohol to clean and disinfect my smartphone screens.

Thanks for any comments.

-Rich

Every morning after I shower, I just use the damp towel I dry off with to wipe the phone down. It's not the same as using a cleaning "product" that may do a slightly better job at getting every little thing off the phone ... but it DOES do a wonderful job at getting 99% of the stuff off - be it dust, oils, etc. The phone doesn't get wet as the towel is just damp enough to pick up anything on the phone and clean it more than adequately.

Easy, Safe, and Free ... Been doing that with all my phones as long as I can recall, and it's never had a single negative effect on the phone(s), despite brand, style, etc.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Daily I use a microfiber cloth. I'll probably buy some disinfectant wipes for electronics this weekend since the warmer weather brings additional oils and sweat.

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I use a microfiber cloth to dry off the screen and I do throw the cloth in the washer periodically.

Thanks.

-Rich
I just use a microfiber cloth and no liquid. Don't wanna take any chances.
If you buy the microfiber cloth used for cars, it makes your phone look brand new each time without any need for liquid. Its a good quality microfiber

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I use my shirt. I personally wouldn't use windex or anything with chemicals / alcohol. Just my opinion.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I use a microfiber cloth that is allegedly "for glass" -- I just put it under the running faucet and then squeeze most of the water out, so it is just slightly damp -- and then I use a very nice, plush microfiber cloth to dry and polish the screen. I have never, ever used any kind of a "cleaning solution" on the screen, just water.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
i use the cleaning cloth that came with my Maui Jims. Lint free and safe and gentle enough for sunglasses should be fine for any smartphone screen. I assume it's microfiber.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I only use the softest kittens available, and when I'm all out of kittens, butterfly wings are an acceptable alternative while the kittens are being laundered in ion-free water. Naw, I just wipe it on my shirt sleeve a couple of times a day.

Last edited:

Mike McQuaid

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I typically wipe it off with my shirt. Its gorilla glass 4, I feel pretty confident my shirt won't scratch it.

Posted via the Android Central App

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a large collection of the small soft eye glass cleaning towels, I have so many, I switch them out each day, I dont anywhere without one in my pocket with the phone lol

dcool19d

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I wipe my glass screen protector off with a blue microfiber cloth, costed me about $0.99 off of eBay, going 4 + years strong :)
Just wash it every now and then to keep tiny particles out of it.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for any comments.

-Rich

I would not use the alcohol. I think it can damage the oleophobic coating on the screen. I just use a damp cloth.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I use a generic lense wipe suitable for eyeglasses, monitors and all other electronic devices.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith