Android M-Will the GS6 Ever See it?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
What are the chances we see it on the GS6 this year?

Votes on the what the "M" stands for?

Could Android M be what the doctor ordered especially the doze feature for battery management? Pleas device tinkering?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My guess is 100% that the GS6 gets M.

Before today everyone was banking on Marshmallow. Now a lot of people think Milky Way or Milkshake. I'm fine with any of those three. What are you hoping for?

I have M on my N6 - will let you know in a couple days how battery is treating me.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Definitely getting it. Samsung flagships usually get 18-24 months of support. The question is when?
Milky Way or Marshmallow.
Hope so. Google Play Services always show as the top drain on my phone

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I think It's going to be called "milkshake." we'll be lucky if we receive it by Christmas!

Sent from the GOLDEN EDGE of the Galaxy S6 Edge.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My guess is 100% that the GS6 gets M.

Before today everyone was banking on Marshmallow. Now a lot of people think Milky Way or Milkshake. I'm fine with any of those three. What are you hoping for?

I have M on my N6 - will let you know in a couple days how battery is treating me.
Hoping for Macadamia Nut or Milky Way or Mounds?

Will Android M be a follow on to Lollipop 5.1.1 or in place of it?

Android Pay or Samsung Pay? Which is gonna be better?

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I think the S6 will receive M on AT&T about 2 weeks after the S7 comes out. Oh and milk shake will be my guess.

Posted via Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
How much of features like fingerprint scanner and mobile payments played a role in their inclusion in Android M? Could this be the beginning of a optimization push by Google to standardize Android devices and limit the footprint of branded UI like TouchWiz or Sense?

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully it replaces it. Lollipop seams like it's just causing a lot of problems for a lot of people. No matter what android phone you have.

Remember I didn't say problems for everyone I just said for a lot.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I read that some consider Android M not as big a step as Lollipop. From what little I saw through the course of the day, that is not the case.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I read that some consider Android M not as big a step as Lollipop. From what little I saw through the course of the day, that is not the case.
L was a lot of looks and ideas were started - framework was laid. M seems to be starting to realize the dreams.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Lolli was a pretty big change from KK. M is just improving a lot of the services available in Android and adding stuff that should have been in LP (e.g. volume controls, turning off heads up or a dark system theme)

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
L was a lot of looks and ideas were started - framework was laid. M seems to be starting to realize the dreams.

Which brand do you think had the most influence for the inclusion of the fingerprint scanner support? Doesn't seem like much of a Nexus type feature.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Lolli was a pretty big change from KK. M is just improving a lot of the services available in Android and adding stuff that should have been in LP (e.g. volume controls, turning off heads up or a dark system theme)

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk
So what Assassin Droid and you are saying, Android M is evolutionary not revolutionary or innovative.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So what Assassin Droid and you are saying, Android M is evolutionary not revolutionary or innovative.
I think it's great, but it looks and feels very similar. Visually its barely an update. What I saw on stage coming this fall is definitely innovation.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Getting Android M, definitely, end of year, definitely NOT, I would say April/May for AT&T and June/August for Verizon since they are ALWAYS LAST.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs