Where can I get an Galaxy S6 to use on Straight Talk?

Cole Firebaugh

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Need help getting Galaxy s6

im wanting to buy a galaxy s6. I was in favor of the iPhone 6 at first, but the specs of the s6 won me over, so I'm deciding to give it a try. My only problem is straight talk doesn't currently have the s6 available. If I was to buy an unlocked s6 and buy a straight talk sim kit, would that put me on straight talks coverage network? Cuz T-Mobile and boost mobile coverage sucks. I want straight talks plans as well as phone coverage.

Richard Meyers

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Need help getting Galaxy s6

Yes, you can do that but... generally an unlocked phone from a 3rd party vendor has no or very little warranty. Also, watch for online sales providing S6's without the charger since it'll cost about $40 to get one. FYI - S6's designed for certain International markets may not have the right bands for US carriers so you want a G920I/G925I for North/South America.

Buying an unlocked phone used to be an advantage over buying from a carrier but now carriers will unlock the phone after a couple of months of service. If you plan to root the phone be aware that that may interfer with upcoming Sansung Pay (if that matters to you).

Good luck.

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

I'm using my S6 with Straight Talk.

The phone doesn't need to be unlocked to use Straight Talk. You just buy the correct sim from Straight Talk. For example, if you buy a phone from AT&T, then buy the AT&T compatible sim card from Straight Talk. The AT&T compatible sim from Straight Talk will use AT&T's network.

Same applies for T-Mobile and the CDMA carriers. (Select which phone is best for you based on your coverage area.) The easiest way to start using Straight Talk is to buy the starter package at Wal Mart. It includes all the different sim cards; you just choose the one that's correct for your phone. CDMA phones will also need a code and I think its included but don't remember since I don't have a CDMA phone. Anyway, once you have a sim card from Straight Talk, call them to activate it. You're supposed to be able to do it online but calling worked better for me.

It's what I did with my S6 from AT&T. And...that's the easy part. (I'm assuming you will buy the phone outright - full retail.) Buying from AT&T requires that your sign-up for a plan. I chose the cheapest plan. Waited two days and called and cancelled my service. AT&T cancelled no problem. A couple of weeks later I asked to have the phone unlocked and they did that too.

By the way, Straight Talk's BYOP (bring your own phone) service now gives you 5GB hight speed data monthly.

Baylor Bunny

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

Hi, do you have any issues with incoming calls being prefixed with + (plus) which breaks contact matching: e.g. if you are getting a call from 650 000 0000 then it will show as +650 000 0000 and it will break contact matching (it will look as an unknown number).

I have an H2O sim card on S6 Verizon unlocked phone.

Victor Franklin1

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

I'm using my S6 with Straight Talk.

The phone doesn't need to be unlocked to use Straight Talk. You just buy the correct sim from Straight Talk. For example, if you buy a phone from AT&T, then buy the AT&T compatible sim card from Straight Talk. The AT&T compatible sim from Straight Talk will use AT&T's network.

Same applies for T-Mobile and the CDMA carriers. (Select which phone is best for you based on your coverage area.) The easiest way to start using Straight Talk is to buy the starter package at Wal Mart. It includes all the different sim cards; you just choose the one that's correct for your phone. CDMA phones will also need a code and I think its included but don't remember since I don't have a CDMA phone. Anyway, once you have a sim card from Straight Talk, call them to activate it. You're supposed to be able to do it online but calling worked better for me.

It's what I did with my S6 from AT&T. And...that's the easy part. (I'm assuming you will buy the phone outright - full retail.) Buying from AT&T requires that your sign-up for a plan. I chose the cheapest plan. Waited two days and called and cancelled my service. AT&T cancelled no problem. A couple of weeks later I asked to have the phone unlocked and they did that too.

By the way, Straight Talk's BYOP (bring your own phone) service now gives you 5GB hight speed data monthly.

Last edited:

Megz78

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I have straight talk and it says I have 4G but I only see 3G on my cell....iPhone 5. I am so not happy with the iPhone and was looking to see if Straight talk sold the Galaxy s6 edge....does anyone know it they do?:p

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have straight talk and it says I have 4G but I only see 3G on my cell....iPhone 5. I am so not happy with the iPhone and was looking to see if Straight talk sold the Galaxy s6 edge....does anyone know it they do?:p

I'm not sure if they sell it. However, you can purchase it unlocked from various retailers for use on Straight Talk.

Regarding the 4G, you might not have the correct LTE bands on the device. Are you using the At&t or t-mobile network?

eams1986

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

I do not recommend Straight talk is not very good company but good for taste colors.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Just walk into att and buy one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
The price outright through AT&T is going to be a lot more than you would pay elsewhere.

I do not recommend Straight talk is not very good company but good for taste colors.
I'm not sure what you mean by good for taste colors? Also, what's not good about Straight Talk?

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

The price outright through AT&T is going to be a lot more than you would pay elsewhere.

I'm not sure what you mean by good for taste colors? Also, what's not good about Straight Talk?
Actually att has it for $580.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk