Why is my Samsung S6 wallpaper, smaller on the home screen then on the lock screen?

Aj2015

May 30, 2015
Visit site
why is Samsung S6 wallpaper, smaller on the home screen then on the lock screen?

Have a Samsung S6, i use the same wallpaper for both my home screen and lock screen but everytime i change the wallpaper for both, the lock screen has the full image and the home screen is always slightly smaller by about 4% or 8%.

Richard Meyers

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: why is Samsung S6 wallpaper, smaller on the home screen then on the lock screen?

Yes I've noticed the same thing. In attempting to use a image I shot with my DSLR the home screen image is slightly enlarged resulting in cropping at the sides and top/bottom. It seems to be dynamic as attempts to increase image size don't help. Eventually, I created an blank image and then pasted my image into the center of it leaving a blank border. That sort of works. With my S3 this wasn't a problem so something has changed.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: why is Samsung S6 wallpaper, smaller on the home screen then on the lock screen?

I suspect its smaller to help the illusion that the home screen is 3D/moving when you tilt it

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

ditto

I'm sure it's positioning to allow for the movement the background does beneath the icons.

seaham358

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

You can change the pic on the lock screen now?

Where... thanks

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site

You can change the pic on the lock screen now?

Where... thanks

Settings - Personal - Wallpaper, tap the "Home Screen" drop-down at the top left of the screen, choose "Lock Screen"

-# Cheers! #-

Richard Meyers

May 14, 2015
Visit site

There's also a gesture. While viewing the home screen(s) make a pinching gesture like zooming out on a map or image. The icons for wallpapers, widgets, themes and screen grid will appear at the bottom. Tap wallpapers and follow above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair