How do I fix the slow internet speed on my Galaxy S6?

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: how do I fix the slow internet speed on my galaxy s6

Bull, mine S6(E) and several others I know from friends are all working fine on wifi.
As being suggested, something is simply setup wrong etc.

Fred

What people are suggesting amounts to voodoo. Samsung should have fixed this by now, it's that simple. This is a widespread issue with their phone or Android or both.

jrodcrod4136

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
So downloaded this, and my wifi worked perfectly BUT I can't send SMS messages while on it. It says failed. I tried multiple times to different numbers and as long as i'm on it i can't send a message. Not sure if i can even receive any either... Anyone else have this problem?

Jayn Swartz

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: how do I fix the slow internet speed on my galaxy s6

I downloaded the Android Central app and created an account just so I could say THANK YOU for posting the solution of DNSet. Like the original poster, I was ready to go buy another phone...had tried everything. This worked. I guess my only question is why? Why did this happen, and will I need this helper app forever?

Posted via the Android Central App

KeganRomero

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I did it!! I fixed the problem! I even created an account just to share the love! Okay... in this order. (And sorry new to the form, so this may look a little sloppy)

1. Go to the wifi settings where you can view your wifi name.

2. Click and hold it until the settings thing pops up.

3. Click on modify network config.

4. Then click "Show Advanced Options"

5. Then go down to DNS 1 and change it to 8.8.4.4 (even know that's what DNS 2 says on mine, I just made them both the same anyways).

6. Click "Save"

7. Run a test and be amazed! I was only testing 1.23 mbps before I did it.

A WHOPPING 49.06MBPS AFTER I DID THESE STEPS! WOO HOO!

Fernando Escobar

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I did it!! I fixed the problem! I even created an account just to share the love! Okay... in this order. (And sorry new to the form, so this may look a little sloppy)

1. Go to the wifi settings where you can view your wifi name.

2. Click and hold it until the settings thing pops up.

3. Click on modify network config.

4. Then click "Show Advanced Options"

5. Then go down to DNS 1 and change it to 8.8.4.4 (even know that's what DNS 2 says on mine, I just made them both the same anyways).

6. Click "Save"

7. Run a test and be amazed! I was only testing 1.23 mbps before I did it.

A WHOPPING 49.06MBPS AFTER I DID THESE STEPS! WOO HOO!

I don't see the DNS option in my wifi Advanced Options

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My test speeds on our two phones via wifi were great, but when using phone there was often a slow response on wifi, and did not have this on the desktop. Comcast came and changed modem. Looked the same on the outside, but he took the Arris and replaced it with a Netgear. Only using 2.4 band now and the phones fly!

Cchaplin

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
It is now 2017 and I have had this problem for a while. Factory resets, disable all sync functions, uninstall apps, restrict background data, network settings resets, and more steps did nothing to fix. THIS SOLUTION FIXED ALL MY ISSUES. Wifi is fast again. My wifi was constantly exchanging data up and down, even when I wasn't doing a damn thing. I followed these steps and now I'm good to go. Personally, I wonder if it is Samsung or Google intentionally trying to send data back and forth to sabotage older phones. I know that sounds like a conspiracy theory, but I cannot figure out what data my phone would be sending back and forth constantly. I had every sync option disabled on the phone and every other option I could find that would limit data exchange and still I had the issue until I followed these steps.

Thanks much!!

HEY GUYS I HAVE FINNALY FOUND THE REAL FIX TO THIS PROBLEM. New to this FORUM btw, but I read it alot. I have the s6 Edge on Verizon and even though I'm showing full wifi signal and so was my wife's s5(she's on att&t) neither of us could barely get a page to load. I've done everything. Set manual channels. Disabled everything you can think of that might cause it on the phone. Disabled ipv6 in the router settings. Factory reset. Cache clean. Anything you can think of I've done it. Even tried to manually change the DNS to Google or something else. That didn't work but DNS IS THE PROBLEM. There's a problem with lollipop and DNS. And they are probably going to send an update eventually to fix it but I wasn't about to wait and I know my wife's s5 wouldn't get it.

So I was ready to return it. Anyway out if nowhere I found THE SOLUTION AND THE APP THAT FIXES IT IMMEDIATELY TODAY. Go to the to the play store and download DNS SET. Forget your connection and re enter your WiFi password. Then open the DNSet app and check off auto run. Then hit the run button. INSTANT FIX! I SWEAR TO GOD. You have no idea how happy I was to see this work. I stopped a it and reopened it many times to see if it would always work and it does. Instant loads. Super fast speed. Christ I was outside of my house and even there everything was loading instantly like it should. YouTube instantaneous. Anything. It fixes the problem. Believe me I went through this and it works and it takes 5 mins to do it at most. It's was a life savor. Don't return your phone or get frustrated and say screw it. This works and I couldn't wait to frigging share it with everyone because I know how can frustrating it is. I was about to return my s6 edge today. Swear to God. The only thing it didn't work in was my friends s5 today on sprint and I don't know why. Something to do with sprint maybe. But it definitely works with verizon and attt.

JUST A HEADS UP, I did leave the ipV6 disabled on my router and I still have WiFi direct disabled on my phone because I was afraid to change anything after this worked. Might have nothing to do with it but if for some crazy reason this app doesn't work, disable that and it will be fine. All my other settings on the router are normal. Auto channel and AES/TPIK are still on. Anyway This works and I was happy to help so I posted. Let me know of it works u for you guys. And spread the word so people aren't dealing with this [language removed]. It's not right. Let me know how you make out. Take care