How do I fix the slow internet speed on my Galaxy S6?

ahuzy

May 30, 2015
Visit site
how do I fix the slow internet speed on my galaxy s6

Ive cleared the cache partition and did a system reboot and its still very slow. How can I speed it up? I mostly use it in my comcast wifi.

Last edited:

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What other devices are connected to your wifi? Is it your router or comcast equipment? Does your other devices have faster speeds on your network?

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do I fix the slow internet speed on my galaxy s6

How are the speeds on your other devices?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

Try reboot your router and phone a few times, that's what did the trick for my Wi-Fi issues.

dreaming of electric sheep

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

Go in and out of airplane mode a few times or try a different browser (Dolphin is the best IMO). If other devices on your wifi router are acting fine then I'm sure your S6 will end up working just fine.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Power off the Comcast modem and the router. Wait 30 seconds. Power on the modem. When the modem is completely up. Then, plug in the router. Restart your GS6.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site

If you're using the multifunction modem from Comcast that has the built in WiFi router and still have the hotspot feature enabled, be sure you are on your WiFi and not the Xfinity WiFi and disable the hotspot feature. Also check to make sure you're not inadvertantly connecting to a neighbor's Xfinity hotspot.

The above is what I had to do to correct the slow WiFi connection. I also had my neighborhood disable the hotspot. He had no idea it is enabled by default.

You disable the feature from your account on Comcast.com.

Good luck

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

If you're using the multifunction modem from Comcast that has the built in WiFi router and still have the hotspot feature enabled, be sure you are on your WiFi and not the Xfinity WiFi and disable the hotspot feature. Also check to make sure you're not inadvertantly connecting to a neighbor's Xfinity hotspot.

The above is what I had to do to correct the slow WiFi connection. I also had my neighborhood disable the hotspot. He had no idea it is enabled by default.

You disable the feature from your account on Comcast.com.

Good luck

This right here is the reason I got my own modem. I don't trust renting from Comcast haha.

Also it's cheaper. Modem was $80.. Renting a modem is $10 a month.. Pays for itself in 8 months :).

Greg2600

May 24, 2015
Visit site

What people are suggesting amounts to voodoo. Samsung should have fixed this by now, it's that simple. This is a widespread issue with their phone or Android or both.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

What people are suggesting amounts to voodoo. Samsung should have fixed this by now, it's that simple. This is a widespread issue with their phone or Android or both.

Hmm? What do you mean? If someone has a bad router or channel there is nothing they (Samsung or Android) could do about it. I have a great modem and router and get the exact speed I should on all devices... Android or iOS. So not sure what you mean.

Greg2600

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Hmm? What do you mean? If someone has a bad router or channel there is nothing they (Samsung or Android) could do about it. I have a great modem and router and get the exact speed I should on all devices... Android or iOS. So not sure what you mean.

First of all, the issues being reported are not simply due to a router or crowded channel. Most users have never had problems with their Wifi on any other device before. The last thing customers (most are not tech savvy) want is to have to replace their router because of a single device, a cell phone no less. We have suggestions including rebooting everything 5 times, going in and out of airplane mode, factory reset, change router channels, turn off IPv6. This is voodoo. I'm not bashing anyone's attempts at solutions here, I'm just saying Samsung should recognize they have a sizable problem here.

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

My wife's S6 and my Note 4 are both unusable on our home wifi and it didn't use to be that way so an update somewhere messed it up. I've tried just about everything except factory resetting the router/modem.

Michael Pecikonis

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
HEY GUYS I HAVE FINNALY FOUND THE REAL FIX TO THIS PROBLEM. New to this FORUM btw, but I read it alot. I have the s6 Edge on Verizon and even though I'm showing full wifi signal and so was my wife's s5(she's on att&t) neither of us could barely get a page to load. I've done everything. Set manual channels. Disabled everything you can think of that might cause it on the phone. Disabled ipv6 in the router settings. Factory reset. Cache clean. Anything you can think of I've done it. Even tried to manually change the DNS to Google or something else. That didn't work but DNS IS THE PROBLEM. There's a problem with lollipop and DNS. And they are probably going to send an update eventually to fix it but I wasn't about to wait and I know my wife's s5 wouldn't get it.

So I was ready to return it. Anyway out if nowhere I found THE SOLUTION AND THE APP THAT FIXES IT IMMEDIATELY TODAY. Go to the to the play store and download DNS SET. Forget your connection and re enter your WiFi password. Then open the DNSet app and check off auto run. Then hit the run button. INSTANT FIX! I SWEAR TO GOD. You have no idea how happy I was to see this work. I stopped a it and reopened it many times to see if it would always work and it does. Instant loads. Super fast speed. Christ I was outside of my house and even there everything was loading instantly like it should. YouTube instantaneous. Anything. It fixes the problem. Believe me I went through this and it works and it takes 5 mins to do it at most. It's was a life savor. Don't return your phone or get frustrated and say screw it. This works and I couldn't wait to frigging share it with everyone because I know how can frustrating it is. I was about to return my s6 edge today. Swear to God. The only thing it didn't work in was my friends s5 today on sprint and I don't know why. Something to do with sprint maybe. But it definitely works with verizon and attt.

JUST A HEADS UP, I did leave the ipV6 disabled on my router and I still have WiFi direct disabled on my phone because I was afraid to change anything after this worked. Might have nothing to do with it but if for some crazy reason this app doesn't work, disable that and it will be fine. All my other settings on the router are normal. Auto channel and AES/TPIK are still on. Anyway This works and I was happy to help so I posted. Let me know of it works u for you guys. And spread the word so people aren't dealing with this [language removed]. It's not right. Let me know how you make out. Take care

Mike Link

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks !! That fixed my problem too... it makes sense since things were hanging at the beginning where the first thing it does is tries to lookup the domains... great fix man... thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae