How are audio recordings on the S6?

Austin Bautista

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I brought my S4 to a concert but the audio was horrendous. I have the S6 but haven't been able to test it yet. I was wondering if Samsung has improved this on the S6? Or would it be better recording it with the Apple Earpods microphone or any other external microphone? Thanks!

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I took a lot of videos at an air show recently. There were lots of obnoxiously loud speakers set up in the viewing area blasting music and commentary, as well as a lot of airplane noise. I was within 3 feet of one of the speakers and the audio turned out great!

I haven't tried just audio recording at a concert yet, and I'm sure that the sound pressure levels would be a lot higher. However, judging by the experience with my air show videos it seems the S6 would fare much better than the S4.

If you've got a good stereo at home, crank it up to 11 and try to record that. That should give you some idea of quality.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tim Caldwell

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I tried a Video recording at a Dance Club last weekend. The VIDEO image turned out absolutely incredible! But the Sound was a mess. Just nothing but distortion because the Club sound was just LOUD. I wish there was a way to adjust Video Sound in the APP, but I can;t seem to find a way to do that.

Does anyone know of a VIDEO Recording APP that allow us to adjust the levels?????

Andrew Hobold

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes I to would like and input volume to control for clubs and concerts or just loud places. at home it is fine. But I guess maybe it just is not going to be a feild recorder. I want to find a way to cable into an S6 to record in stereo from a mixer.