Phone won't power off. Camera cycles.

gavram

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Having a strange issue where the phone won't power off using the physical power button, the camera keeps coming up, and the phone gets really hot.

Did the soft reset by holding power + volume down for 7 seconds and had it restart, power off, and safe restart, all of which I was able to do successfully, but each time the phone has the same issue when it boots back up.

Any thoughts? I don't want to hard reset and lose my layout.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Having a strange issue where the phone won't power off using the physical power button, the camera keeps coming up, and the phone gets really hot.

Did the soft reset by holding power + volume down for 7 seconds and had it restart, power off, and safe restart, all of which I was able to do successfully, but each time the phone has the same issue when it boots back up.

Any thoughts? I don't want to hard reset and lose my layout.

Try clearing the cache partition. If not,.....

Sound like a hard reset is worth trying.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/04/20/how-to-reset-a-frozen-galaxy-s6/

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
You might try wiping the cache from recovery mode. You won't lose anything. You could also try booting into safe mode and see if the problem goes away. If it does go away while running in safe mode, it's a good bet one of your downloaded apps is causing the issue.