smart lock missing

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
so my wife and I went out to dinner with my nephew and his fiance, he has an att s6, he was showing me the smart lock feature, we looked for it on my phone and it's not there..........what gives?

sent from my Galaxy S6 using tapatalk

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sprint

sent from my Galaxy S6 using tapatalk

I have sprint. Smart lock only shows up when your using the finger print unlock method and using WiFi or Bluetooth headsets that is set up on your phone. When those are connected it will show up and you can enable it.

Hope that helps!

Posted via the Android Central App

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have sprint. Smart lock only shows up when your using the finger print unlock method and using WiFi or Bluetooth headsets that is set up on your phone. When those are connected it will show up and you can enable it.

Hope that helps!

that does help, thank you!

there was a bit more to it than that, in case anyone else runs into this, JoeFCaputo113 on xda-forums added to what gator352 said

Settings--->Lock Screen & Security--->Other Security Settings--->Advanced and under Advanced there is an option called "Trusted Agents"... there is where you will find smart lock!

Last edited:

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Smart lock barely even works. It basically only recognizes that I'm "home" maybe 50% of the time and I end up still having to fingerprint unlock it anyway.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Smart lock barely even works. It basically only recognizes that I'm "home" maybe 50% of the time and I end up still having to fingerprint unlock it anyway.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

Do you have at least the "Power saving" Location method turned on? Mine didn't really work until I did that, now it's nearly flawless.

Edited to add: Plus I have two bluetooth devices setup for Smart Lock and they have worked perfectly since day one.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here. But it queries Google services to something like 60% and kills my battery, so I don't use it.

I don't have that issue either. I still go all day and just charge at might with my battery. I haven't been able to tell a difference in battery life since I started using it.