S6 stopped charging!

Greg2600

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Great, after under a month of usage, the phone just quit taking a charge the other night. I've been having a lot of issues with the micro-USB port as well, with it not be seen by my PC and such. Verizon store ordered a warranty replacement phone. They had no wireless charging pads in the store just to test that out. I wasn't about to buy new car chargers and such for this phone, and though I do use the Samsung charger/cable at night, I also charge it with chargers/cables I was using on my previous droid phone. Would that damage the port? I can't see how, the older phone used less "power."

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Any micro USB cable is fine to use. It's the power block that gives you the fast charging. Regardless tho, voltage wouldn't hurt the port, only battery and maybe the hardware if it was really high.

Sadly, these things just happen sometimes. A prong might have gotten bent, a bad solder point, or several other possibilities.

Posted via the Android Central App

Greg2600

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I found a VZ store that had a wireless charger, and it did start charging. So fast forward to tonight, and I got to turn the phone back on, and the battery message says 0% plug it in the wall. So I do so, and now it's charging again???

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I found a VZ store that had a wireless charger, and it did start charging. So fast forward to tonight, and I got to turn the phone back on, and the battery message says 0% plug it in the wall. So I do so, and now it's charging again???

When are you returning the phone for an exchange?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos