New Google Photos app or Google+

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't like it because it still using my drive storage and most of my pictures are below 16mp. Even my parents pictures on there drive account is using storage and all the photos they took are with there phone under 16mp. Google Photos is not unlimited. They are a bunch of liars.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
As great as Google Photos might be, I want my original photos. Rather than sacrifice even a little quality, I'm sticking with my 130GB of OneDrive storage.

I have my photos and vids synced to Google Photos, one drive, and my WD my cloud. Never can have to many backup options.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't like it because it still using my drive storage and most of my pictures are below 16mp. Even my parents pictures on there drive account is using storage and all the photos they took are with there phone under 16mp. Google Photos is not unlimited. They are a bunch of liars.

You have to switch it in the app settings. It gives you both options. One to have unlimited and one to use your drive quota.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm liking Google Photos right now. Very cool and you can't beat unlimited storage. Yes, if you go the unlimited route you have to deal your pictures being compressed to "high quality" but I haven't noticed a difference yet. Google needs to update the Android app though because you're given the option of only syncing pictures/videos when WiFi is available, but it syncs whether you're connected to WiFi or not and this can cause problems for people with low data plans.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm liking Google Photos right now. Very cool and you can't beat unlimited storage. Yes, if you go the unlimited route you have to deal your pictures being compressed to "high quality" but I haven't noticed a difference yet. Google needs to update the Android app though because you're given the option of only syncing pictures/videos when WiFi is available, but it syncs whether you're connected to WiFi or not and this can cause problems for people with low data plans.

My backup on Wi-Fi only is working correctly.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I have the unlimited storage to Photos setup. It has replaced Dropbox for this because of the unlimited storage and separation from Google+.

Plus, every photo taken is uploaded in full resolution to Google Drive using FolderSync. We have 1TB of storage included with Google Fiber gigabit internet service so space on Google Drive is not a problem. Google Drive syncs the full resolution copies to a Windows PC and a Linux PC.

So, every photo taken is immediately backed up by multiple copies in multiple locations. We never worry about losing an irreplaceable photo.

Android user since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
There is ZERO chance that Google is lying about free storage. There is either a technical problem or user error. Lying is a ridiculous contention.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Google Photos is AMAZING! Organizes all your pics so well.
I upload all my pics to Google Drive, and it displays all my pics by date and its really organized.

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Question; now that I'm using the new Google Photos (which I'm loving personally), should I go ahead and delete the photos from Dropbox to empty up that space for other items or keep them on there as well for the time being?

Posted with Samsung Galaxy S6.

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
They are not liars. Look at your backup settings. If you have it set to Original Size, then it will count towards your storage quota. If you set it to High Quality, then it's unlimited.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel