Verizon software update

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Can you guys check in your aplication manager under running and tell me if it added a vpn aplication in your running list. I frequently check my running processes to make sure only the things I want running are there. After the update it added vpn IPsec service to my running list. Does anyone know what this is?
Just curious.
I don't like it when updates just adds running processes in background without my permission.
Thanks

Also I would like to add that since the update my cell standby went from top of list to bottom of list.
I've only been using phone for 2 hours since update but cell standby issue is looking promising so far. Will keep an I on it and report back later.

No on the VPN and my standby has greatly improved. I did an FDR as I do with all system updates though.

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you guys check in your aplication manager under running and tell me if it added a vpn aplication in your running list. I frequently check my running processes to make sure only the things I want running are there. After the update it added vpn IPsec service to my running list. Does anyone know what this is?
Just curious.
I don't like it when updates just adds running processes in background without my permission.
Thanks

Also I would like to add that since the update my cell standby went from top of list to bottom of list.
I've only been using phone for 2 hours since update but cell standby issue is looking promising so far. Will keep an I on it and report back later.

I have this VPN. not sure if it was there before or not. it's only utilizing a very small amount of RAM anyway. no idea what it's there for. I did notice I have one gigabyte of free RAM. never had this much before.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I have this VPN. not sure if it was there before or not. it's only utilizing a very small amount of RAM anyway. no idea what it's there for. I did notice I have one gigabyte of free RAM. never had this much before.
I can gurantee the vpn wasn't there before at least on my phone anyway.
Thanks for checking.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I must be stupid. .....how do I do that lol.

♡ Live life to the fullest ♡

Haha you're not stupid :).

Power your phone off... Then hold the power button, volume up button, and home button at the same time. When the screen powers on hold for another second or two then let go. It should boot into recovery and you can use the volume up/down keys to navigate through the menu and press the power key to select.

After you clear cache just tell it to reboot.

Yea, how do you clear the cache partition?

I don't want to use the ad infested Ccleaner. :'(

See above :).

lentobeans

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Never had the cell standby problem, but do since the update today. I will give it time to settle, but may have to go back to factory. Thanks vzw.

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Today my phone had horrendous service. It was on 3G all day with only 1-2 bars and I didn't know why. When I contacted Verizon they had to push the update to my phone (it didn't update on it's own), and then all of a sudden I have 4G and much better service. Just putting it out there in case anybody experiences the same problem. However, battery life still sucks 😠

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Finally got the update installed and my battery is ridiculously bad now. Was pretty good before

Attachments

• 470.jpg
    470.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 228

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Did you clear cache then full charge? Or just install and go?

Actually the update kept failing so I tried to wipe the cache but accidently did a factory reset. Even after the reset it would fail on the update so I wiped the cache and the update worked. I then fully charged the phone.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a little early for anyone to be claiming battery life is good/bad/amazing/horrible/whatever after the update.

Phil Parsons

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Tried this update and received error code 402. Tried everything Verizon could think of including total reset to factory and nothing worked. Any clues are appreciated.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy to report that the update also fixed the Night Clock problem on the Edge where the entire screen backlight stayed on, instead of just the clock lettering. MUCH better at night now!

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Sadly Cell Stanby made a reappearance about 12 hours after I did the update. I still have good battery life, but the pesky bugger is back.

Shygar

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Update failed the first time I did it. It came up to a system reboot menu gave me options to "Reboot" "apply update from ADB" "apply update from Cache" or "Apply update from external storage" I just hit reboot, once it rebooted it told me the update failed and its downloading it again. If it happens again should I try hitting "update from cache"?

So yesterday I applied the update to my phone with no problem. However last night I applied it to my girlfriend's S6 and it had this same error.

Has anyone worked around this issue yet?

Shygar

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So yesterday I applied the update to my phone with no problem. However last night I applied it to my girlfriend's S6 and it had this same error.

Has anyone worked around this issue yet?

Nevermind, wiping the cache partition worked great. It let me retry the update and it worked the second time.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
How's anyone's battery life on wifi? Still the same as before? Mine seems worse on wifi. When I updated I was at work, it lasted me alot longer throughout the day than usual than as soon as I got on wifi it drained fast again.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
How's anyone's battery life on wifi? Still the same as before? Mine seems worse on wifi. When I updated I was at work, it lasted me alot longer throughout the day than usual than as soon as I got on wifi it drained fast again.

Do you have any apps set to sync on WiFi only (typically photo / cloud sync, maybe google play updates)? This can happen if you had a load of pictures and videos queued up to sync then on WiFi it went to work. Just a thought.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Update

I wiped cache partition and rebooted phone. Then recharged it to try again.

Currently
29%
18h 13m 30s on battery
3h 22m sot

39% android system
11% cell standby (100-102db 2-3 bars max)

Much better than the first time.
40%
4h 7m on Battery
1hr 20m sot

And finally "OK Google" works in every app!

Sent from my Samsung S6

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol