Default mail app doesn't search server (activesync)?

ChilledBB

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a employee here with an s6 edge and the default mail app doesn't search the server, even when "search server" is selected after a search of the local mail store. It just returns "no mail found" Has anyone run into this issue, or had any success in searching the server for older email?

Maybe this is a bug? I haven't been able to find any other mention of it though. I had the employee install outlook and that works, but it would be nice if we could figure out how to get this working in the default mail app assuming it's not a bug.

This is an exchange/office 365 activesync mailbox

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a employee here with an s6 edge and the default mail app doesn't search the server, even when "search server" is selected after a search of the local mail store. It just returns "no mail found" Has anyone run into this issue, or had any success in searching the server for older email?

Maybe this is a bug? I haven't been able to find any other mention of it though. I had the employee install outlook and that works, but it would be nice if we could figure out how to get this working in the default mail app assuming it's not a bug.

This is an exchange/office 365 activesync mailbox

My company email is using office 365 on the default app is fine I just set it up using Microsoft exchange and let it auto configure

Apart from accepting security policy which insists on password or fingerprint to unlock the synch settings should also be checked

I also have tasks and appointments scynched are you able to receive these and its just the email with a problem ?

ChilledBB

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
sjaduae, are you saying you can perform a search of older email on the server using the "search server" option, not just recent email already synced to the phone?

mdarch

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm using exchange and can search on the server. Initially it comes up saying No Email but then after a few seconds they appear

ChilledBB

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't notified of them.

The employee is using nine now, as are other staff on Android devices. I don't think they want to go back to the default apps, but I'll give them a try if I get a chance. I might be moving to an Android myself soon.

sgedge

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem on samsung galaxy 6 edge.

It doesn't work with either my Exchange or gmail account.

Did you get the search on server to work?
If so how?