Is anyone noticing a lack of S6 Bluetooth Range?

itderanged

Mar 16, 2011
www.lifeinthebox.com
S6 Bluetooth Range

Is anybody noticing a lack of Bluetooth range / quality with there S6? I'm coming from an Moto X 2nd Gen, and its like night and day. My Moto 360 watch constantly drops connection when i'm more than 20 ft away, and my Moto Hint Bluetooth earpiece fades in and out with the phone just in my pocket or on the desk in front of me. My Bose Sound Link II is the same way I go in the next room it stops playing. With my Moto X i could walk all over the house without issue. Is this a know issue, or do you think I have a dud?

Thank you in advance!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: S6 Bluetooth Range

I will say yes -- It isn't as good as some other phones I have used (such as an iPhone 6+) but I haven't really run into many issues with it.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Is anybody noticing a lack of Bluetooth range / quality with there S6? I'm coming from an Moto X 2nd Gen, and its like night and day. My Moto 360 watch constantly drops connection when i'm more than 20 ft away, and my Moto Hint Bluetooth earpiece fades in and out with the phone just in my pocket or on the desk in front of me. My Bose Sound Link II is the same way I go in the next room it stops playing. With my Moto X i could walk all over the house without issue. Is this a know issue, or do you think I have a dud?

Thank you in advance!

My Bluetooth range on my S6 is great. I have a Galaxy Gear S, and it stays connected up to 30 feet away all the time.

You might have an issue.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

My S6 bluetooth issue is that, even though i've added a device in the google service 'trusted devices', I have to pair it everytime I want to connect. I didn't have this issue with my previous galaxy S4/S5 so I don't believe it's the bluetooth audio device I'm connecting to.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

My S6 bluetooth issue is that, even though i've added a device in the google service 'trusted devices', I have to pair it everytime I want to connect. I didn't have this issue with my previous galaxy S4/S5 so I don't believe it's the bluetooth audio device I'm connecting to.

Many Bluetooth audio devices have a limit to how many devices can "auto connect" (typically 3 or less) so if you used to have other phone(s)/devices connected to it, you may need to start fresh by resetting the audio device and pairing your new phone again. I had to do that with a few of mine.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

how close are you to 2.4ghz wifi?
BT and WiFi are close in frequency so if your phone or BT are close to a router it can interfere.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Ya my Bluetooth range is weaker that my previous Nexus 5 and Luma 1020...more than 10 feet away and I get disconnected from say my Bluetooth speaker. Lame.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

20 feet? Class 3 Bluetooth is rated at 3 feet. If you get 20 feet, consider it a bonus, but don't expect it as a matter of course. It's still putting out 1mW, the same as it has been for over a decade.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have definitely noticed that the range is not as good as my Moto X (2013). It's not a deal breaker, by any means, just a bit annoying.

netzwurm

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

The range is worse than on my Nexus 4. Also, the connection is quite unstable. My pebble randomly disconnected and would not reconnect unless I tell it to. Sometimes it seems to forget the pairing too.

Posted via the Android Central App

stratacon

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely. Glad to hear I wasn't imagining it. I use my Bluetooth headset about 6 hours a day and am very frustrated. I used to get 20' of reception with my galaxy s2. Now the connection with the s6 drops just by putting the phone in my pocket! I took off the case and it makes no difference. However, I do have a PET (back) screen protector on the phone - I wonder if that interferes with the Bluetooth reception? Any ideas?

Jedimaster0

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
My S6 does the same exact thing. I put it in my pcocket, no screen protector/case, and it will stop playing. After a moment, the headset will disconnect altogether. I have tried multiple devices and it does the same thing. These devices work fine on my old S5 with all the same apps. I even factory reset my phone and before doing anything, tried playing some music. Same thing. It's not a CPU issue, load is fine. Plugging in a wired headset works fine. The only thing that seems to fix it, is turning off wifi. I wonder if the bluetooth/wifi/radio stack/hardware is at it's limit or something?

5444327.jpg

Last edited:

Kenned

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I exchange the cover I bought on ebay to and original Samsung cover and it works perfectly no problems at all. The bad one was with and alu. frame

Hope it works everybody else :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome