Help please! Screen all gray!!!

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi my name is Jenny. Out of nowhere last night my phone went into gray scale mode. I didn't even have it on! I took my phone back down to factory settings, brought everything back up and the color stayed for quite some time. Now, it's gone again. Anybody ever heard of this? This is my first Samsung , so I don't know if I accidentally keep hitting something or what. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Jenny

Posted via the Android Central App

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi Jenny, welcome to the S6 forums. In the settings menu under accessibility select the vision button and if greyscale is turned on you can turn it off. Let us know if this solves your issue.

dreaming of electric sheep

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Another thought is I wonder if she has Ultra Power Saving mode engaged. That, too, can cause the phone to go into gray scale.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Jenny,welcome along.Most probable explanation is as PsycDoc has suggested that you have ultra power saving mode enabled...this will put screen in greyscale mode to save battery power.

Monte Tredway

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
my samsung s5 is doing the same thing and im not able to use the touch screen. ive tried all the tricks - power on with the up volume plus home button- i plugged it in to my computer- that solved the issue for a couple hours but its back to the weird gray screen with red bluue white little pixels up cose. what do i do to fix this??

Nina93

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
What if all you see is gray and you can't do anything else but turn it on and look at a gray screen with nothing on it

arjun adyanthaya

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
My tablet S2 has the same problem. If I keep my tab down for a few seconds and go away; upon returning soon as I press the home or power key a gray screen appears with coloured pixel dots. Takes me a hell lot of times to keep pressing the power button hoping it'll turn back right. Restarting doesnt help either. Why is this happening!!?? Please help

Jhoam Quintero

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I have an acer liquid with the same probleme if anybody has a solution please let me know. Thx.

Note: I tried all of the things that are above. The phone works well some minutes and turns gray again!

Last edited:

icloons

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I figured it out. To the right of the brightness slide bar there is an automatice box you need to uncheck. It appears to automatically go grey when you are in a darker place.

claire7408

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, I just solved it on my daughter's Bush phone. Her phone was fine, then if she left it for a minute she had a grey screen that required a restart before you could see the phone again. We finally figured out to disable the screensaver and cross fingers it hasn't happened since. Hope that helps someone.

Rodd50

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
This just happened on my Android and heres how i fixed it !!!
Go to display look for "reader mode" make sure it is turned OFF.
That fixed my greyscale

3_1_6

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Note 9 recent tab and pattern unlock screen gives grey filter and dark spots

Hi im totaly new here. My galaxy note 9 recents tab and pattern unlock screen gives grey filter and dark spots on it. Previously i was using Note 8 and didnt have this issue.

It only happens if i keep a dark wallpaper and put screen brightness to about 50 percent or higher

I have uploaded a picture of what im trying to tell.

Plz help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180831-005017_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20180831-005017_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 6

3_1_6

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Re: Note 9 recent tab and pattern unlock screen gives grey filter and dark spots

P.S : U will have to put ur screen brightness to maximum to see in the picture what im trying to explain

Lsettle

Apr 2, 2022
Visit site
An olderSamsung tablet. It won’t power off. Screen is completely grey. Just went grey while playing my tournament last night. Battery was about 80%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool