Can't connect through usb with my Mac.

janson123

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I've tried android file transfer, kies, smart switch, and none of them work for me. I'm not really sure what to do. My phone acts like it is going to connect to AFT, but it ultimately fails. It will say no android device found, can't connect to android device, etc. But very rarely it will actually connect correctly, but after 20 seconds it will disconnect without me doing anything. While my phone is connected to my mac AFT continuously tries to connect to the phone, the app keeps opening after I exit it (after it fails).

I've tried connecting to two different macs, and both of them have the issue with my phone. My phone does successfully charge with usb, so that is working. It just isn't being correctly connected for transfer, and whatever else. Oh yeah I've tried switching between camera and mtp or whatever it is called, and that didn't work either. I am wanting to develop android applications, so being able to test them on my phone is a must. I would greatly prefer that over the emulator.

Any suggestions?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've tried android file transfer, kies, smart switch, and none of them work for me. I'm not really sure what to do. My phone acts like it is going to connect to AFT, but it ultimately fails. It will say no android device found, can't connect to android device, etc. But very rarely it will actually connect correctly, but after 20 seconds it will disconnect without me doing anything. While my phone is connected to my mac AFT continuously tries to connect to the phone, the app keeps opening after I exit it (after it fails).

I've tried connecting to two different macs, and both of them have the issue with my phone. My phone does successfully charge with usb, so that is working. It just isn't being correctly connected for transfer, and whatever else. Oh yeah I've tried switching between camera and mtp or whatever it is called, and that didn't work either. I am wanting to develop android applications, so being able to test them on my phone is a must. I would greatly prefer that over the emulator.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to Android Central!

Try unlocking your developer options and turning on USB debugging. See if your MAC connects to it then.

Go to settings, about phone, tap on the build number 5 or 6 times or until it says developer options unlocked. Go out to settings and you should see the options. Go in and put a check in USB debugging.

Jannell Trobec

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I have downloaded both Android File Transfer and Smart Switch, and after turning on debugging and unlocking developer options, I still cannot get my macbook to recognize my Samsung Note 5. I have tried 2 different Samsung cables in 2 different usb ports and still nothing. All I want to do is transfer my photos off my Samsung to my Macbook. It seems like it shouldn't be this hard. Help! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
His reply said A I R droid. It is a network transfer app, runs on your phone and then you use a browser on your computer.

Wayno25265

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site

Any suggestions?

Hey Mate,

TRY THIS!!!!

1.Go to "SETTINGS"
2.Go to "ABOUT PHONE" and tap on it
3.Then go "SOFTWARE INFORMATION"
4.look for "Build number" tap on it 5 or 6 times till you have activated "developer option"
5.go back to main settings and the "developer options" will be visible under "about Phone" and tap on it.
6.scroll down till "debugging" and toggle the "USB debugging" so that it is on

and then reconnect phone and go on to "Smart Switch" and it should detect your phone.

ambati

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
Hey Mate,

TRY THIS!!!!

1.Go to "SETTINGS"
4.look for "Build number" tap on it 5 or 6 times till you have activated "developer option"
5.go back to main settings and the "developer options" will be visible under "about Phone" and tap on it.

and then reconnect phone and go on to "Smart Switch" and it should detect your phone.

Thanks a lot this worked for me, I tried all option posts on google but no use , I tried this and it worked, very easy and useful

commander_fox

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
hey mate,

try this!!!!

1.go to "settings"
2.go to "about phone" and tap on it
3.then go "software information"
4.look for "build number" tap on it 5 or 6 times till you have activated "developer option"
5.go back to main settings and the "developer options" will be visible under "about phone" and tap on it.
6.scroll down till "debugging" and toggle the "usb debugging" so that it is on

and then reconnect phone and go on to "smart switch" and it should detect your phone.

you are the man!!!

Nicko28

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site

Any suggestions?

After point 4 it asks me for a PIN?!! :-\

Last edited by a moderator:

TNV 2012

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I cant get it to work at all

Hey Mate,

TRY THIS!!!!

1.Go to "SETTINGS"

I tried this and it still isnt working. No matter what I do I cannot get it to work

Acudoc

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: I cant get it to work at all

I tried this and it still isnt working. No matter what I do I cannot get it to work

Try uninstalling Samsung Smart Switch from your Mac. I got a message saying AFT may not work with Smart Switch. I had already debugged and file transfer still didn't work. After the uninstall, file transfer with AFT went perfectly.

Hope it helps.

WindyWeather

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have downloaded both Android File Transfer and Smart Switch, and after turning on debugging and unlocking developer options, I still cannot get my macbook to recognize my Samsung Note 5. I have tried 2 different Samsung cables in 2 different usb ports and still nothing. All I want to do is transfer my photos off my Samsung to my Macbook. It seems like it shouldn't be this hard. Help! Does anyone have any suggestions?

The only way I've managed to transfer anything is via bluetooth and that takes ages!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36