Best fingerprint scanner technique?

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
My technique is to place the print on the button and lift it before the unlock confirmation. Works like a charm. How about you?

Haroon Ikhlaq

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I've scanned my middle finger rather than my thumb, (cos most people expect it to be the thumb) in case someone knocks me unconscious and tries to get into my phone using my thumb they'll fail. If they finally figure out its my middle finger, Jakes on them cos I've just given them the middle finger!

I've scanned the finger 3 times to make it more accurate. I've thrown my phone a few times on floor cos it wouldn't recognise my fingerprint. 3 seems to have made it spot on.

Posted via Android Central App

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've scanned my middle finger rather than my thumb, (cos most people expect it to be the thumb) in case someone knocks me unconscious and tries to get into my phone using my thumb they'll fail. If they finally figure out its my middle finger, Jakes on them cos I've just given them the middle finger!

I've scanned the finger 3 times to make it more accurate. I've thrown my phone a few times on floor cos it wouldn't recognise my fingerprint. 3 seems to have made it spot on.

Posted via Android Central App

Well if they're on this forum, they'll know which finger to use when they knock you unconscious because you just told them lmaoooooo

Galaxy S6 Gang

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Press to wake the device, leave finger on the button for the read. I've set each thumb up twice and am good to go. When I had the thumbs saved only once each, I had issues. Doubling up did the trick. But as far as launching the process, it's press and let off, but leave on the thumb on the button 'til it's read.

Ryan Callihan

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Settings -> Lock Screen and Security -> Fingerprints -> Add More.

I'd recommend adding the finger you use most (Perhaps your right thumb) again for an increased success rate. You can add up to 4 different fingerprints to be read, I believe.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I removed fingerprint lock because if it fails (which it inevitably does exactly when I need it) Then I can't remember the stupid long password (thank you Samsung... Why can't I have 4 digits again like it used to be????) and I want to throw it out the window.

All that above really sucks because when it works it's like magic and I want to use it, but it's not reliable, and that's with three fingers scanned in.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
As suggested above by another, scan the same finger twice.
The first time through, concentrate on scanning from side to side. The second time you scan the same finger (thumb) catch more from the top to the bottom.

At this point, I might fail on the first try once every 50 times, but have never failed the 2nd time.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
The first time through, concentrate on scanning from side to side. The second time you scan the same finger (thumb) catch more from the top to the bottom.

At this point, I might fail on the first try once every 50 times, but have never failed the 2nd time.

I'll give that a shot, thx.

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

So do you have both thumbs scanned twice each or only choose to go with one?

Posted with Samsung Galaxy S6.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been very happy with the accuracy but never thought to do each thumb twice. Theoretically can only make success rate even higher than it already is, right?

s2gordon

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I saw another post where someone mentioned slightly rotating your finger between scans. I did that a couple days ago for each thumb and now it works great. Phone unlocks with the first scan every time now.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Well I think this does work better, so far.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
On each slot I scan the print I'm using horizontally and vertically capturing as many of the ridges as possible. I only have two slots set up(Right thumb and left index). I'll probably add my left thumb for some rare situations. I feel scanning one print on multiple slots is unnecessary.

May 22, 2016
Visit site
My technique is to place the print on the button and lift it before the unlock confirmation. Works like a charm. How about you?

Arggh.. I found out the holy grail of fingerprint ID techniques that took my success rate from 1/5 to 4/5 immediately... ! For reasons, what it is I shouldn't probably publicly say.. ill just give you a hint.. you only need to use one fingerprint profile, and it's all about technique ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12