Can I get some help with my Galaxy S6 update problem?

A

AC Question

Galaxy s6 update problem

Hi. I've just rooted my Galaxy S6 device and now, when I try to update it, it tells me that the operating system in my device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Any help please?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s6 update problem

Hi. I've just rooted my Galaxy S6 device and now, when I try to update it, it tells me that the operating system in my device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Any help please?

Welcome to the forums!

The unauthorized modification is rooting the phone and you can't do an update OTA or via Kies, on a rooted device.

You must unroot and if you flashed a custom ROM, you have to go back to stock, then you can update.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

This is what I know. I had to unroot and then flash an official ROM to upgrade OTA, and I never did custom ROMS on my phone.

Let me get someone that has more knowledge on rooting, as I have only rooted once, a while back.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums. Kelly flagged me down for this thread. Flashing the newest ROM with Odin should fully unroot you, and it also should remove the modified system flag.

From the ZenFone 2.
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Something came up after posting...make sure you look for your exact model number for your files. Flashing the wrong ROM can lead to a bricked device.

From the ZenFone 2.
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol