galaxy S6 phone replacement

Dennis Ou

May 14, 2014
Visit site
OK so t-mobile gave me an option since my camera is making the hissing and buzzing noise. I either could keep this phone or I could get a replacement, but the replacement may be refurbished. Should I replace it?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy S6

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Refurbished means it's been gone over by a technician who checked everything he could. (Refurbishing is a nice job - you get to play with lots of phones, and you can always tell the boss "I was just checking the doodad", as long as you put out enough phones a day.) The tech will usually catch things the computer in the factory will miss on a new phone (like your camera problem).

Most refurbs are phones returned by a customer after a day or so because they prefer a different phone - there's nothing wrong with the phone. (Phones with problems are either fixed on the spot or become electronic scrap. Labor is more expensive than replacing the phone.) You're giving them a used phone and getting an almost new one (effectively a new one) in return.

I'm on my 3rd Note 3. The first one bricked during an update the day after I bought it, so they replaced it with a new one. That one blew some storage a few weeks later, so they replaced it with a refurb - 19 months ago. I still get 2 days on a charge. I have no problem with a refurb. (And I was in the business for a while, so I know the difference between a refurb and a used phone. TMobile in the US gives you a refurb.)

Dennis Ou

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm also concerned about the battery life on the new refurbish phone

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm also concerned about the battery life on the new refurbish phone

Hopefully, there should be no issue. If there is, make them send another until you get a unit that works. Rinse and repeat. After a while, they may send a new one as they don't want to lose you as a customer.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
OK so t-mobile gave me an option since my camera is making the hissing and buzzing noise. I either could keep this phone or I could get a replacement, but the replacement may be refurbished. Should I replace it?

I received a refurbished one from Verizon because of my camera issues. So far, the phone is like new. Looks perfect, performs the same, battery life is the same or better, and no issues to report so far. I'm happy I did it, I recommend you do the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol