Wi-Fi Active?

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a Wi-Fi modem not a land-line internet connection and as such it runs off a battery.

When I woke up tonight I discovered that my Wi-Fi modem was dead but that the Wi-Fi was still switched on even though it wasn't connected to anything.

Is there any way on this phone where Wi-Fi will automatically switch off when there is no connection? I'm used to Wi-Fi switching off on my iPhone six plus when the battery on my Wi-Fi modem dies.

Thanks in advance for any answers

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Wi-Fi modem not a land-line internet connection and as such it runs off a battery.

When I woke up tonight I discovered that my Wi-Fi modem was dead but that the Wi-Fi was still switched on even though it wasn't connected to anything.

Is there any way on this phone where Wi-Fi will automatically switch off when there is no connection? I'm used to Wi-Fi switching off on my iPhone six plus when the battery on my Wi-Fi modem dies.

Thanks in advance for any answers

If WiFi is set to being on it will stay on searching for networks once it disconnects. The 6+ still keeps the wifi radio active (it just doesn't show notifications for it). I don't believe there is a way to do what you're looking for without root or some kind of app (I am unaware of one that would do it otherwise I would suggest one).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay