Google keyboard swiping intense lag

Alex Rednaxela

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Howdy folks,

Got my brand new s6 in hand and mostly loving it, with one exception. Having had nexus devices, an HTC one Google play edition and an Nvidia shield tablet I naturally fell in love with the Google keyboard over all alternatives as the most efficient, prettiest and overall nicest to use. On opening the box for my s6, I quickly rooted it via ping pong root to remove some of the nonsense and override that awful volume lock on the headphones that's going on and then downloaded the Google keyboard. From moment one I have been getting awful, awful frame rates on the swipe function to the point where it is difficult to use. The rest of the phone zips around like it's Wile Coyote on acid, all other keyboards' swipe functions work without issue (tested: Samsung default, Swype, Swiftkey) and as far as I can tell the device is completely normal in every other regard. I really want to get this fixed as I type vast quantities of text into my phone every day and the slight edge of efficiency the Google keyboard has over the others adds up to a whole lot over the years I will be using this phone for.

Thanks!

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Howdy folks,

Got my brand new s6 in hand and mostly loving it, with one exception. Having had nexus devices, an HTC one Google play edition and an Nvidia shield tablet I naturally fell in love with the Google keyboard over all alternatives as the most efficient, prettiest and overall nicest to use. On opening the box for my s6, I quickly rooted it via ping pong root to remove some of the nonsense and override that awful volume lock on the headphones that's going on and then downloaded the Google keyboard. From moment one I have been getting awful, awful frame rates on the swipe function to the point where it is difficult to use. The rest of the phone zips around like it's Wile Coyote on acid, all other keyboards' swipe functions work without issue (tested: Samsung default, Swype, Swiftkey) and as far as I can tell the device is completely normal in every other regard. I really want to get this fixed as I type vast quantities of text into my phone every day and the slight edge of efficiency the Google keyboard has over the others adds up to a whole lot over the years I will be using this phone for.

Thanks!

Google keyboard and Google search slows down and lags if I use power saving mode, are you using power saver?

dreaming of electric sheep

Alex Rednaxela

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

No I'm not - I tried enabling it just to see if it would have any effect, but it didn't make a blind bit of difference. It's a very weird bug as far as I can tell...

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Initially I had lag on the S6, but these three steps have made it constantly super smooth.

1. Turn off power saving
2. Get the App 'Shut App' whitelist only the apps you use regularly, the less the better.
3. Get the App 'CCleaner' clear all your apps cache in like 30 seconds.

Other things to manage are set up photo and Google play sync only when plugged in.

dreaming of electric sheep

Alex Rednaxela

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey again,

Thanks very much for the suggested. Have tried all three and the keyboard is still running at its (now) expected pitiful frame rate. I guess I have to just accept that it isn't going to work at this point. Doesn't seem to be much that anyone can do.

Thanks again, anyway!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1