How often do you reboot your Galaxy S6?

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I find that I cannot go more than three days without a reboot. At three days the phone stutters and lags so much it is unusable. Is this a RAM management issue that will be remedied with the 5.1.1 update?

How often do you reboot your Galaxy S6?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I turn off my phone when I go to bed and start each day with a fresh boot.

Not sure but I do not have a lot of issues others report. Not sure why so many do not do it. I do it with my desktop also and do my macbook every few days.

Posted via my Galaxy S6!

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I turn off my phone when i go to bed and start each day with a fresh boot.

Not sure but I do not have a lot of issues others report. Not sure why so many do not do it. I do it with my desktop also and do my macbook every few days.

Posted via my Galaxy S6!

Reboot is so rare for me that I have had to do it yet. If it isn't covered off with 5.1.1, I believe Android Moon Pie will.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Maybe once a week, sometimes longer.

Posted via the Android Central App

About the same for me also, sometimes sooner if I am getting a rouge app playing up which is rare, this has been the same with any android phone for me.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I rarely restart or shut down my phone, definitely nowhere near daily. Maybe once a week or three, but not due to lag or anything.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I turn off my phone when i go to bed and start each day with a fresh boot.

Posted via my Galaxy S6!

I do the same. How much lag & stutter would people have if we did not shut down 5-8 hours a day? :p

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Generally once a week, maybe twice, due to the memory leak that Lollipop has. Once 5.1.1 rolls in I'll probably stop since that supposedly fixes it.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I remember or think about it. Maybe 2-3 times a week. I rarely have stutter or lag.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to these forums I don't get any lag on my S6 and haven't needed to reboot in two weeks.

dreaming of electric sheep

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
So for the last two weeks I have trained myself to reboot daily. Not a big deal but really should not be necessary. And I still find that apps close way too fast and yet RAM is not released. And Samsung still has not addressed this widespread issue. For that reason I will most likely switch to the Moto X pure edition is September or maybe even the LG G4.

Janet OSully

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Started powering down nightly when the kids finished school and i no longer needed my alarm clock in the morning. Phone runs much smoother since then but the battery drain is still unacceptable no matter what i tweek.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
How often do you go in Google or yahoo and delete the History from all the places you have been.
Deleting passwords and everything ?
If you don't do this you can't blame everything on the phone.
And how often after that do you go to the bottom left button and close the apps.

And I cut the phone off every some many days and then turn it back on.

If I have problems I write them on the memo pad and when I go to Best Buy I look the problems up and ask the Samsung rep how to solve the problem.

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
My "bottom left button" or the recent apps button hasn't worked since two updates ago. It was disabled (unless there's a work around I'm unaware of). I reboot about once every couple weeks maybe. Try to clear cache every so often also.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I reboot once or twice a day. I get almost no lag this way or else if I didn't reboot for over 12 hours my device would lag like no tomorrow

Posted via my shiny galaxy s6

Last edited:

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Only reboot when things get a little screwy. I have to go into airplane mode frequently, and sometimes when I come out things don't seem quite right. Generally speaking only about once a week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2